D40 fuel pre-filters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundowner2

Reaction score
G'day all, I have a Thai-built 2013 D40 RX with the 2.5L CRD auto...I would like to install a diesel pre-filter...I have searched the internet but am having trouble finding the correct kit...the ones I have found are listed as being not suitable for models with a DPF...as mine is.
Has anyone fitted one to their D40 with a DPF?

Thanks, Paul

whats the DPF got to do with installing a Catch Can ? the dpf is on the exhaust system and the catch can installs on the engine breathing / inlet system. look at the Provert Catch Can Kits.

whats the DPF got to do with installing a Catch Can ?.

Just wondering there jonney if he means a secondary fuel filter - one thatd have a finer filter or even something like a water separator?

The DPF pressure sensor is located in the engine bay (follow the two steel lines) and the pre-filter will not fit without relocating the pressure sensor. The wires to my pressure sensor were cut and extended a little so that the pressure sensor could be moved.

I can't take a photo because my pressure sensor has since been completely removed for a different reason. That can't be done without major modifications.

Last edited:
^^well there you go...

A diesel pre filter shouldn't have anything to do with the dpf, but it depends how the fuel system is set up and whether there is an injector in the exhaust for the dpf. I wouldn't have thought it should make any difference, but with nissan you never know haha

Yes. Catch can "accumulates" the oil mist from having a Positive Crankcase Ventilation. This is the hot oil that's misted and is piped back into your intake from Factory. A catch can passes this oil through a filter and allows it to accumulate in the can, and not in your inter-cooler / intake / manifold.

Thanks all...Manning had 'he' meant a secondary fuel filter 'he' would have said secondary fuel filter....the manufacturer of the Pre-Filter I was looking at states on their website that the only one they sell is not suitable for D40's with a Diesel Particulate Filter....based on that I guessed there might just be a reason for that....I too could not see why a DPF would make a difference...hence my posting.
Joe 2006...thanks mate.
Paul

Now that the above has been mentioned in regards to where the dpf sensor lines are located, they probably don't do an actual kit to suit it. I have fitted a stanadyne filter to my d22 and didn't get a kit. Just got the filter and fittings to suit the fuel line on the vehicle and made my own bracket to mount it on the side of the factory fuel filter bracket. If you can get creative, providing there is sufficient space to physically fit the filter unit, I can't see any mechanical reason why you couldn't fit one...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back