D40 (2010) - rims, tires, lift advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FletchDigital

Reaction score
Hi fellas,
I'm planning on lifting my D40 and putting on some black sunraiser rims (16?) and some chunky tires. I was hoping you could provide some advice -

What type/size of tires do you recommend? I want chunky without going muddies and keeping them relatively quiet on longer trips. Any suggestions on brands and the actual size I should look at considering I want to toughen it up? (I struggle with understanding what's what with the numbers - 265/70/16???)

Any thoughts on the lift? I want to get him high but It looks like 2" is as far as most say is realistic.

Thanks in advance, apologies for the newbie questions.
Luke.

have a look at www.superiorengineering.com.au they have a variety of different lift kits, as for tyres, don't buy them for how they look, buy tyres that will preform well on and off road, grip is an important thing safety is more important than what people think of your rubber

Hi Luke,

For tyres, I just bought myself a new set of Hercules Terra Trac II's. They come straight out of the same factory as coopers (cooper bought hercules in '07 or '08 or there abouts) and are friggin awesome A/T's for $170. Oh and I have 265x70/R16's as well. If you want to covert the tyre sizes just google tyre size converter mate....

Much, much better than the TT ATI's which had plenty of issues such as early wear and chunking.

As for lift do a bit of research what's legal. You can only raise the height of your roof by 50mm which includes larger tyres, suspension & body lifts combined without having to get engineer approval - which you wont get by the way!..... Its a massive pain in the arse and majorly outdated rules....
Dont just jump straight in with any decisions, do you homework and figure out what is best for you mate.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back