Diesel Chips / Diesel Tuning - How Its Done

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John first question. Yes, max power unless stated. We sometimes state: "Dyno run on Setting x"

Next: if the tune is good and the EGTs are not getting too hot you will not damage your engine.

Re dyno tune necessity: considering the above statement re EGTs you would never need to go to the dyno. Diesels are very different in this respect

My DPchip has 7 settings and came with the jumper on the middle pair of pins.

Can someone please tell me what chip setting is generally used when manufacturers/resellers state dyno figures? I'm presuming it would be at maximum setting, which may not be good for longevity??

Secondly, under what circumstances is a dyno tune suggested when the rest of the vehicle is standard, well except for a race pipe.

Thanks,
John

Thanks Robert.
I suppose a question arises then. What setting do most people use? I see statements about how well or not so well their vehicles perform with a chip.
It would be helpful to know what settings are used, although I acknowledge different chips are tuned/adjusted in different ways.

For example, I've recently returned from towing a 2t van around Australia with my DPChip pin setting on setting 4, out of 7. Fortunately, we had a tail wind most of the time, but on this setting it would only just hold top gear on the flat with no wind. Maybe I should be using a higher setting, or even max??
What are your thoughts?
Thanks again.
John

we tried that. we wrote this tune for x that tune for y and we got too many calls and people said what if I try this ... but it says 3" exhaust etc etc.

We decided to just allow people to run to the tune that blows smoke ... then they can choose to accept that most likely run the next tune down. there is no wrong tune so to speak. if the tune is too rich it will blow smoke so u simply lower it a tune at a time.

Great Post.
I am currently argueing with Nissan about the economy of my D40 , and have been reading up on chips .
Does the unichip do a delete pipe to gety rid of that piece of junk under the car or would it take into account the dpf removed and a delete pipe in its place ?

Greg

just want to add if you go chipit i did and i am happy talk to robert not the mob in wa i have sent them a few emails with no replys robert has replied to every question i have asked him and straight away

so uni chip is the go huh! anyone heard of the "raport" chip? Warrigul fuel injection are selling them $1500- inc fit and dyno ! Sounds pricey to me !

so uni chip is the go huh! anyone heard of the "raport" chip? Warrigul fuel injection are selling them $1500- inc fit and dyno ! Sounds pricey to me !

You can buy one from the states with the tuning software for $1000.

yes pricey when u can get our EGT Controlled Chip at the moment and fit yourself for $1199.00

The Standard Chip (without EGT Control) is $899.00

ie $100.00 off the price of the Chip as a forum discount

Remember our Chips are NOT fuel only Chips. We are also adjusting boost

I've had an experience or 2 with the company you mentioned earlier wanting their stats removed. I ordered a chip & exhaust package earlier this year which after a month's hassling arrived. The exhaust was the wrong one, the company said it was because my manual Nav had an auto floor pan, Bullshit I reckon, more like, they sent the wrong model. 3 days later a new dump pipe arrived, same as the first. Company wanted to have it customised to fit, even though the exhaust rested on the chassis. I contacted a few mechanics down here, the local exhaust centre & Nissan & none of them had ever heard of a manual with an auto floor pan. I phd Company back, said how amazing it was that NO ONE I spoke to had ever heard this before & that the company had magic inside info no one else had. I got a refund. The chip was a disaster. It was meant to have been tuned to a spain built d40 stx but overrevved the engine after changing gears. They're both still in the mechanics showroom 2 mths on waiting to be picked up. I also bought a recovery kit that was minus the rated bow shackles that they've never sent out despite my contacting them on a number of occasions. When I spoke to the owner he promised to send them out along with an led bar for the inconvenience I'd encountered. Nup, never arrived. Lies lies & more lies. Since then I've installed a Steinbauer/beaudesert combo which I'm ok about, but would recommend anyone installing a chip & doing loads of dusty driving to check their MAF sensor, ours was filthy, probably had never been cleaned & that impacted on the fuel economy by prompting the engine to use more fuel. Just filled up today, 14.37lts/100kms (@2840kgs modded weight), so looking for an improvement on next fill.

I've had an experience or 2 with the company you mentioned earlier wanting their stats removed. I ordered a chip & exhaust package earlier this year which after a month's hassling arrived. The exhaust was the wrong one, the company said it was because my manual Nav had an auto floor pan, Bullshit I reckon, more like, they sent the wrong model. 3 days later a new dump pipe arrived, same as the first. Company wanted to have it customised to fit, even though the exhaust rested on the chassis. I contacted a few mechanics down here, the local exhaust centre & Nissan & none of them had ever heard of a manual with an auto floor pan. I phd Company back, said how amazing it was that NO ONE I spoke to had ever heard this before & that the company had magic inside info no one else had. I got a refund. The chip was a disaster. It was meant to have been tuned to a spain built d40 stx but overrevved the engine after changing gears. They're both still in the mechanics showroom 2 mths on waiting to be picked up. I also bought a recovery kit that was minus the rated bow shackles that they've never sent out despite my contacting them on a number of occasions. When I spoke to the owner he promised to send them out along with an led bar for the inconvenience I'd encountered. Nup, never arrived. Lies lies & more lies. Since then I've installed a Steinbauer/beaudesert combo which I'm ok about, but would recommend anyone installing a chip & doing loads of dusty driving to check their MAF sensor, ours was filthy, probably had never been cleaned & that impacted on the fuel economy by prompting the engine to use more fuel. Just filled up today, 14.37lts/100kms (@2840kgs modded weight), so looking for an improvement on next fill.

let me guess... roo systems? I am still surprised they have not been shut down yet.

Hey beef,

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to search the D22 section for plenty of posts about chips.

Asking the same question hat has been asked many times before wont get you an answer.

Maybe contact John from chip it above, he seems helpful.

Latest posts

Back