Auber Instruments EGT Gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure mine came off O.K. Just be careful if you replace the stud with a bolt. You'll have to put some washers on the bolt as the plate you use is much thinner than the EGR pipe and the bolt bottoms out.

I eventually got it off, just had to twist and force it abit more, the pipe has a corrugated middle section which may allow a bit of flex. Yeah I kept the stud in, I am using a 5mm plate though which will be almost as thick as the EGR pipe flange

Okay so I think I finally have the gauges working. I had to put an offset in the boost gauge as it was reading -12 to begin with, you should set the 0 when the accessory is turned on with the engine off yes? Had trouble with the EGT guage as the negative was actually the red (who the hell makes neg red!), but that is all fixed now.

With the boost gauge set to 0 when the engine is off, when I drive I can get the gauge to go close to 20 psi, I dont think this is normal. Have I set the gauge up correctly? Should I set the zero point when the engine is on an idling?

Whether the engine is idling or the ignition is off, you should get the same reading, but it won't hurt to try zeroing it with the motor idling.

It's not supposed to read atmospheric as 14.7 as the staring point is it?

Well when I first put it in it read -12.2. So I followed the instructions and adjusted the settings so it zero's itself. Only thing is when I went out to test it the gauge went right up to 19.9psi. This seems very high for a stock turbo setup with no MBC. And yeah the gauge reads 0 when engine is on or not.

Latest posts

Back