Which Bilstein Shocks do I actually Need?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I just order mine they were $420 Aus to my door can't wait till they come the stock ones are so shit

20000km/1 year is the standard warranty with Bilstein's, for a product which has such a great rep and everyone says they are the best, the warranty is pretty average, especially as some aftermarket shocks come with 100000km/3yr warranty.

I bought my Bilstein's from a local joint called Fulcrum and in the final stages of my purchase he said he would warrant the Bilsteins for 3yr/60000kms, which is why I ended up going with them. I dont know if he is doing that off his own bat or it's a fulcrum thing, he may have just said it to make a sale, but Ill be holding him to it if I have problems

What warranty did you get with the bilsteins? Iv read its only 12months / 20,000 klm

Not sure on warranty. For that price im not too worried plus they have been proven to be good with the feed back I have read.

My last shocks "wont name em" only lasted 30000 kms but are on the 3 year 100000 km warranty so are getting sent back.

The difference the bilsteins make to the front end is amazing ;)

Yeah i was surprised with bilsteins warranty, they're meant to be the best but have the worst warranty. I will probly still get them though, never heard of anyone having problems with them

The bloke at fulcrum said Bilstein don't need to offer a good warranty as they sell heaps and have such a good rep. I think you'll find the warranty is void anyway as soon as your use your vehicle offroad with them fitted. Just dont admit to the offroad part haha

I'm trying too order these so thanx for this info but it is trying to charge me $180 for freight....any ideas.?

Was told today by the mob who did my wheel alignment that my EFS shocks are soft as sh!t and should look at changing them soon. Are the Bilsteins that good or is there a bang for buck alternative? Also the 4x4parts.com website keeps throwing up a privacy warning message in my Chrome browser on my phone, anyone else had this issue or know of its just a false positive?

Bilsteins completely change the way the car feels. Awesome shocks. Dont think you can beat the US bilsteins for bang for buck

Last edited:
I just bought some rear Bilstein shocks from Zordo to try them out and they have made a pretty big difference on my D22. Some roads on the way to work with undulations and bumps that used to really get the car bouncing around are now completely smoothed out.

Definitely saving up to replace the fronts with Bilstein as well. I had Dobinson 2 inch lift and shocks all round before. Wish i'd just sprung for the Billies from the beginning now.

which ones make highway bumps better? my truck is standard and i`m happy with the ground clearance, so i`m only after some shockers that work! (((-;

which ones make highway bumps better? my truck is standard and i`m happy with the ground clearance, so i`m only after some shockers that work! (((-;
Changing the coils or leafs will lift the truck.
But if your replacing the fronts might as well add better springs

Mate the front ones make even more of a difference!

I'm sure it will and I can't wait to get some.

But I've always had more issues with the back bouncing around because I don't carry loads except for when we head out camping. That's why I just bought back ones to see if i'd notice any difference before forking out for the fronts.

Latest posts

Back