P0729 gear 6 incorrect ratio fault

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djverrall

Reaction score
hi there guys i have recently had my trans serviced soon as i got on hyway in 6th it slips for a bit between 2000 rpm and 3000 rpm and if u keep holding it ,it jumps into limp mode and throws this code as a pending code... the check eng light does not come on dash. i have to pull over cause i lose all trans power to all gears... then when i cycle ignition and start vehicle and take off again iots fine til it happens again everytime in 6th only ..

no i have had it back at the shop they have pulled pan again and pullled down valve body etc etc and cleaned everything they can the solenoid 6 checks out fine and it is working cause its going into 6th when comanded. so they changed oil again running the lv penrite trans stuff and put another new trans filter but its still doing it this time takes longer to go into limp mode and does slip in 6th a bit but then kinda loads the gear back up again..

has anyone had this issue with there 550 v9x ? or can anyone shed some light on what the fault may be exactly i dont wan to spend thousands for repairs and seen as though it was fine before trans service with genuine nissan trans oil been in it from new...

The slip is causing failsafe.

The Nissan dealer need to put their Consult diagnostic to identify the problem, which they have probably caused.

yeah thry used multi vehivcle penrite atf lv auto trans fluid full syn.

like i said it only does it in 6th no other gears ...

might be best to take it to nissan.
just suggest it as it would happen to the patrols when use wrong oil, not the code comming up tho.

Yes, 0729 means there is slip in 6th. Slipping in other gears is a different code.

The manual clearly states to use Nissan S Matic and that mixing or and other type will damage the transmission.

The manual goes through what to do if 0729 appears, have they done this?

OK SO WHY WOULDNT IT SLIP IN OTHER GEARS .. IF ITS THE WRONG OIl. i havent taken it to nissan yet i will call them and have a chat though.

prob weakest point. in pads. i dont know. like i said this is what i would do. im not a gear box mechanic.

Seeing as your are in Perth, take it to Nathan at AutoFix Mechanical in Kelscott. He's like the GO TO MAN for our Navara's.

Tell him Paul sent you down. He'll look after you. He's fixed so many D40's with the YD25 and V9x engines, and the transmissions behind them. He's even sorted a few that Nissan service gave up on.

hi there guys i have recently had my trans serviced soon as i got on hyway in 6th it slips for a bit between 2000 rpm and 3000 rpm and if u keep holding it ,it jumps into limp mode and throws this code as a pending code... the check eng light does not come on dash. i have to pull over cause i lose all trans power to all gears... then when i cycle ignition and start vehicle and take off again iots fine til it happens again everytime in 6th only ..

no i have had it back at the shop they have pulled pan again and pullled down valve body etc etc and cleaned everything they can the solenoid 6 checks out fine and it is working cause its going into 6th when comanded. so they changed oil again running the lv penrite trans stuff and put another new trans filter but its still doing it this time takes longer to go into limp mode and does slip in 6th a bit but then kinda loads the gear back up again..

has anyone had this issue with there 550 v9x ? or can anyone shed some light on what the fault may be exactly i dont wan to spend thousands for repairs and seen as though it was fine before trans service with genuine nissan trans oil been in it from new...

That's who serviced my trans he is onto it . But be both a bit stumped on it ..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Im having this same issue and just had the gearbox serviced last week, will be taking it back tomorrow to find out whats going on. Also the car shudders when coming to a stop no like as if the converter is not unlocking properly, this is the 2nd time iv have the gearbox serviced with them and never had issues until now. So im guessing they forgot to put the genuine oil in it this time. Hope it hasn't caused any major damage to the gearbox.

Im having this same issue and just had the gearbox serviced last week, will be taking it back tomorrow to find out whats going on. Also the car shudders when coming to a stop no like as if the converter is not unlocking properly, this is the 2nd time iv have the gearbox serviced with them and never had issues until now. So im guessing they forgot to put the genuine oil in it this time. Hope it hasn't caused any major damage to the gearbox.

Any updates on this as want to get the box serviced and now a bit unsure if I should ??

Latest posts

Back