Squeak on startup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herb89

Reaction score
Does anyone else on here experience a squeaky noise on startup, sounds like a pulley with a bad bearing but i have taken the belts off and checked them out and they all seem fine. My yd25 has done it for ages but seems like its getting worse, lasts for around ten seconds

Does the alternator pulley seem to have free play in it when rotating quickly back and forward? Hard to explain. They have a clutch pulley which is known to fail, mine was on its way out a few months back but alternator was just erratically clicking, mainly with load on it. New eBay alternator and all good.

yes mine does it to and has for ages as well. I also removed the belts and it still did it so its not any pullies or alternator. unfortunately I think its the timing chain rubbing on the guides until the oil coates the chain properly and the pressure pushes the tensioner out all the way. mine also does it at slow speed under load some times. mines 07 model and warranty just ran out last month. so will be monitoring it and if it gets worse might have to go for a new chain which is disappointing....

had my 2011 back at Nissan last week for a service had the same problem. mine turned out to be a idler pulley bearing, was noisy when cold for probably about 3-4 mins hope this helps you. I worked it out when I sprayed lube on it and started it back up and it went away for a bit. just waiting on the new part and its getting done under warranty. find it hard to believe they don't stock idler pulleys but hey I spose it is canberra

Check your belts mate. When they get a little old, they make a squeak like a bearing that is juuuuuuust starting to play up.

Mmmmm I've had an annoying squeak on start up and at idle now for a while. Took it to my mechanics and he changed the drive belt, power steering belt and drive belt pulley. It was all good for about 10 mins. Went to start up the next morning and the noise is back. I had a new alternator installed only a year ago so I'm thinking it shouldn't be that. Bloody annoying! I'm going back to him today to try and get it sorted.

Latest posts

Back