Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
This is the thread for all you random chat and stuff.

Tell us how your day was, what you have learnt, your favourite joke or pic, anything you feel like sharing really.

Remember keep it clean, and enjoy!

I'll start, I had a bloody good day today, Finally picked up a nice job that will take up most of next month. We have had loads of small stuff for the last couple of months that is so much more work for me to do with not as much turnover at the end of the month.

Happy days!

My parents are staying for a fortnight, friggin Winnebago blocks out the sun. On a brighter note, going to Landcruiser 11/12/13th of this month.

Stated off pretty ordinary, seems a client is trying to shaft me to promote themselves, thats ok cos I know whats going on so I can keep one step ahead. :) Ended up pretty good though as picked up two good jobs too. Got the missus sorting tax stuff out now which probably isn't good!
Rich

i'm missing my navara....should be finished at the panel shop by monday. today i had the wifes astra with 8 bags of tile adhesive,4 20lt buckets of sand and few other things to deliver to to my job site for the boys. rocking up to quote jobs in a astra looks professional lol. as for work we are flat out, knocking back more work then i take on, i need more guys.

I have had 2 good last days. Averaged 4.5 hours both days.

Have pretty good runs, but I cracked the shits a few times.

Speed limit is 100km/h, why the beep do people do 80km/h in 100km/h zones.

I am thinking now that elderly drivers should be tested, I had a old bloke in a Excel pull out in front of me. He excerated so slowly, I had to jump on the brakes to avoid rear ending the Excel.

I followed him for 10km's and he ventured onto the wrong side of the road about 10 times.

Other then that, days were awesome.

Dave.

yeah some of them are shocking, that said who's gonna offer to drive them around...

yeah i agree with you dave, old people give me the shits. i reckon the should be tested yearly once they pass about 60. as far as work goes its fairly slow in the air con industry, will pick up again thou when it starts to warm up.

yeah i agree with you dave, old people give me the shits. i reckon the should be tested yearly once they pass about 60. as far as work goes its fairly slow in the air con industry, will pick up again thou when it starts to warm up.

ROFL at "Old people give me the shits" :big_smile: First laugh I've had for a while.. thanks
I have to kinda agree. I have more old people make me curse than "some others' It's worse when I ride the bike. maybe it's an ageing eyesight problem but so many people just don't look for motorbikes. very rarely ride to work now (Adelaide airport) too dangerous. Old people and taxi drivers...
had an interesting week so far at work. Gale force winds blew a set of stairs across the tarmac into one of our aircraft. not good.
Pissed off coz my dog's real sick and not long for this earth. had an op and fine for now but.

Well here goes another week guys. I trust you all had a good weekend.

I am going to take my eldest son out to somerset this weekend to try our hands at freshwater fishing so I am hoping this week fly's by! I suppose i couldnt have picked a bloody colder time of year to do it!

G'day everyone! Yesterday I finally took the Wife and kids on their first serious offroad track, went really well, all smiles at the end of the day even with the Mrs crook and all!
Shopping for tyres this week for my Wifes Rav4 it's an 07 model with 17" alloys (225/65/17) looking at some Kumho KL51's or similar. Any feedback on these will be appreciated.
Looking like another good working week for me so off to my first job now!!

Cheers Brad

Nice work Nevyn.

Off to Landcruiser this weekend, bet I'm colder than you Matt! Ha ha.

yeah i agree with you dave, old people give me the shits. i reckon the should be tested yearly once they pass about 60.

Looks like I will have to quit this forum as I will have to sell my Nav & be put out to pasture as all you blokes reckon I am too old to drive now. :-(

Well, tough sh1t, you young buggers will just have to put up with me on the road for a few more years yet even though I hit 70 this year.

The alternative is I buy and electric scooter thingy you see all the olds getting around in creating more problems on the footpath. :bike:

Fat chance haha

Paul

Nice work Nevyn.

really?
are you going to give camp road a go?
well good luck hope ya dont break anything.

we should organise a big forum trip there some time.
cause my mate with his d22 wants to go as he got his front lokka in.

Looks like I will have to quit this forum as I will have to sell my Nav & be put out to pasture as all you blokes reckon I am too old to drive now. :-(

Well, tough sh1t, you young buggers will just have to put up with me on the road for a few more years yet even though I hit 70 this year.

The alternative is I buy and electric scooter thingy you see all the olds getting around in creating more problems on the footpath. :bike:

Fat chance haha

Paul

Paul, if you hold the speed limit I am happy for you to be on the road.

I just get frustrated with people with who are inconsiderate on the road.

Not having ago at you, just saying my thoughts.

Dave.

Fat chance haha

Paul

Nah bugger it mate, get diff lockers in your electric scooter and leave us all for dead through the tracks haha.

Nice work Nevyn.

Have fun and take some pics for us!

I am gonna try and get up there sometime very soon so I'll be keen to hear how the terrain is up the at the moment. They have had loads of rain up the coast way but im not sure if it reached out there or not.

really?
are you going to give camp road a go?
well good luck hope ya dont break anything.

we should organise a big forum trip there some time.
cause my mate with his d22 wants to go as he got his front lokka in.

Ive watched a fair few people do it and I dont think I would in the Nav just yet. Front auto lokka and new tyres and it would be on the cards.

Keen to try Telecom hill this time depending on conditions, haven't tried it yet.

I like the sounds of the forum trip.

Latest posts

Back