Checking the auto oil level D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzkev

Reaction score
hi ya guys gotta say this is an excellent forum over the years have belonged to a few but gotta say this is one of the best people giving sound reliable answers 100% i say :)

I havent owned my 08 D40 dual cab 2.5 diesel long i was looking under the bonnet today i was told no u cant check the auto oil well tell me if im wrong but is that a dipstick held by a retaining bolt(small) location is towards the firewall ?is that for the auto ?

Cheers Kev
08 Nav D40
2.5 diesel Auto
Opal Blue
Colour coded TJM Canopy
Sitting on Factory 20 inch Chromies :) she looks like a shinny new penny :)

hi ya guys gotta say this is an excellent forum over the years have belonged to a few but gotta say this is one of the best people giving sound reliable answers 100% i say :)

I havent owned my 08 D40 dual cab 2.5 diesel long i was looking under the bonnet today i was told no u cant check the auto oil well tell me if im wrong but is that a dipstick held by a retaining bolt(small) location is towards the firewall ?is that for the auto ?

Cheers Kev
08 Nav D40
2.5 diesel Auto
Opal Blue
Colour coded TJM Canopy
Sitting on Factory 20 inch Chromies :) she looks like a shinny new penny :)

is it on the drivers side and near the oil filter...yes...it'll be the eng oil dipstick.

Yes, the dipstick retained by a small bolt is indeed the automatic transmission fluid dipstick.

You can check it hot or cold - just turn the face of the dipstick over to see the other side (one has marks for a cold gearbox, the other side has marks for a hot gearbox).

g'day well had a look at the auto oil just like smells like it just came from the bottle :)levels spot on ...

Kev

The dipstick is in the drivers seat and the engine oil checker stick is in a similar position to the transmission level checker stick but closer to the front of the engine and it has a loop on it for easier removal. Removal of the dipstick in the drivers seat can't be done the same way

Ok..its just the original post didnt indicate that there was two dipstick and that he was led to believe salon's dont have ATF level checkers,

as for the dipstick driving, well thats just a prerequisite to own a D40...
Hmmm does the 550 have an auto /dipstick?

The Nissan service manager where I brought my car had to ask his tech where the Auto transmission checker was when I asked. Thankfully his tech knew and I guess thankfully he was honest enough not to bullshit but I still thought it a little amusing that the service manager had no idea.

Auto dipsticks are in most cars, it's being able to change as required that most have trouble with!

Latest posts

Back