Headlight Polishing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1310/71

Reaction score
After seeing the kits at Repco/Supercheap etc at around $40 for a few sheets of sandpaper and some cutting compound, I thought I have most of that stuff in the shed anyway, so I bought some extra fine paper (I used 800; 1000, 1500, 2000 - they didn't have any 2500). You should only need one sheet or less of each.

If your lights have no deep scratches then start with 1000 or 1500 instead.

I pulled the bullbar off to get better access, and masked up around the lights to protect from when using the power polisher:

This one shows the RHS light done, and the left in progress:

Frontbefore.JPG

LHS with some sanding done:

LHSbefore.jpg

And after:

LHSafter.jpg

RHS after:

RHSafter.jpg

You just get a plastic spray bottle and keep it wet at all times. Alternate the orientation of the sanding ie horizontal to vertical with each change in grade of paper and keep spraying it with the bottle to keep it wet and remove residue.

Finally polish with cutting compound; metal or plastic polish or similar (some even say toothpaste works!). Not perfect, but a lot better and cost me only around $5-10.

Looks really good & a lot cheaper than the kit you were referring to.

I assume that it was easier to take all that stuff off rather than to remove the headlights.

Latest posts

Back