My D22 Build UP!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben-D22

Reaction score
Hey guys, i've been on this forum for years, everything I needed to know was in the search tab, then I decided to join up a couple of years ago when I had my old 03 DX D22. I sold it, got an 80 series GXL turbo diesel, missed my Nav then brought another one!

I purchased it about 2 months ago its a 2006, paid 24k, its got about 60'000km on it. The Idea is to turn it in to a capable tourer.

photo-4.jpg

Dual fuel tanks, 75L main and 120L Sub

photo.jpg

I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet as I'm FIFO, but I fitted up this awesome LED interior light before we went away last month

photo-1-1.jpg

Canopy is great, had 3 fluro lights in it so it lights up great when where camping but I'm converting them to LED.
It certainly hasn't got the pull that my old one did, although that had a snorkel and chip with a dyne tune. Im ordering a Nizbits snorkel next week, already running a uniflow filter which improved performance a little bit.

I've got a Uniden remote face UHF and a Bel radar detector mounted in the cab with sensors mounted on the bull bar

photo2.jpg

Future mods are

I've ordered a piranha dual battery tray, new carpet floor mats, new GME 6db antenna.

Over the next few swings:
*Snorkel
*The IPF's are sold pending payment and i've got two rally 4000's on hids to go in
*Pull the dent out on that pull bar for now, then replace with a colour coded steel bar
*Ordering Scottybobcats sliders with chequer plate
*2 inch lift
* BFG A/T 265 75 16's on the factory alloy.

That should keep me occupied over the coming months.

This is a great forum and I would appreciate any input and information to the build.
There will be a significant amount of LED lighting (emergency and warning type) going on to the Nav as it will be a display ute for my missus business.
I'll keep you posted!

The two sensors for the radar detector are hard to see under the grill but above the bar, and the little box in the bullbar

photo3-1.jpg

Thanks for the comments ! Yeah it's a nice colour, it'll look good once it had a detail and the buffer run over it.

What brand is the second tank? I like this idea better than replacing the original

i heard that by the time you pick up a radar ahead they allready got you anyway,so whats the point of having one?

cabhsv said:
I agree there is a wasted space where that tank can go, what brand?

The tank was in the Nav when I brought it, I'll be taking it out over the couple of months because I don't think it's fitted up very well. It's mounted up hard against the floor of the cab so it squeaks and carries on all day long.

simonk8 said:
Another question on the tank, where does the exhaust pipe get re routed to?

The rear muffler is gone and the tailpipe follows the tailshaft down. It's wrapped in heat tape as well .

superiorcruiser said:
i heard that by the time you pick up a radar ahead they allready got you anyway,so whats the point of having one?

I agree, but it was already in the nav when I brought it. On a recent trip to moores hut, it picked up a highway patrol miles before I saw it (mainly because there on board radar emits so much radar), and the other day it picked up a laser camera hidden in the back of a new VW van with about 400m to spare. Not a bad effort although I only turn it on for the longer trips because if you drive past a servo the automatic doors set the unit off :S

Last edited:
Got my eBay goodies in today. GME 6db antenna, piranha dual battery tray and nissan genuine floor matts with the navara logo on em.

Attachments

• image-3915581238.jpg
    image-3915581238.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 155
  • image-3590538579.jpg
    image-3590538579.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 164
Got my reverse light in today, as well as new GME antenna and dual battery tray

Attachments

• image-36917042.jpg
    image-36917042.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 162
  • image-1467468448.jpg
    image-1467468448.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1157479595.jpg
    image-1157479595.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 169
Got a Nav update, picked up brand new Nissan genuine steel bar off gumtree for 600 bucks! Pretty stoked, still heat shrunk in its original plastic. Gonna get it colour coded and fitted up when the new suspension and tires go on. Also I've ordered a new FM antenna because mines broken off and a new set of those plastic steering stops because mine are stuffed.

Hey champ nice car and write up! With the steering stops just buy some dry lube stick and put it on everynow and then. Works a treat and stops the squeak!

Latest posts

Back