My 2010 D22 has a standard size spare wheel.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
As part of the wasted day, we ordered a real spare wheel Bridgestone 697 plus a Sunraysia steel rim to match, so we will have a real spare for the Easter trip and not that cheap get home tyre/spare I thought it had.

Get home and are crawling around underneath checking recovery point mounting points, etc and notice that the tyre on the spare is exactly the same as what is on the four wheels.

Woops, was able to cancel the order with no dramas.

No idea why I hadn't twigged to it before as it isn't the first time I've crawled under looking at stuff.

Obviously I really need the holiday.

when i was fitting my tow bar I looked up and was amazed to see a full size spare. I thought Nissan would have skimped and put a tall narrow tyre in there as they seem to have cut a lot of other corners with the late model.

ive never seen a crappy little space saver wheel for a 4x4

It would be a pain in the backside if it was smaller. Running a different (smaller) size on one side at the back wouldn't do much good on the LSD. So if you had a puncture on the back, you'd have to send one tyre from the front to the back, and use the smaller spare on the front.

Latest posts

Back