d22 2.5cr egr mod???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WASSY

Reaction score
hi guys im new to the forum, just purchased my navara , wanting to do the egr block off mod im just wantin to know if there are any vacum lines or butterflys to disconnect once i hav eblock the egr....
any info would be great.

cheers wassy

Mate do a search for egr and you will find heaps of info. But the answer to your question is no there are now vacuum lines you need to move. Just stick the blank in and done

wikid thanks for the info, i see your nav is a yd25 what sort of difference did blocking your egr off make??? any engine lights???
also how much difference did your 2.5inch exhaust make in power? as im deciding wether to go 2.5 or 3 when i do mine....

thanks

DSCF7269.jpg

Did mine tonight, was a bit bored so I got some 1.6 mm sheet, cut it out and fitted it. Total time was 39 minutes. Test drive tomorrow to see how she goes.

Last edited:
owning two D22's with the YD25 and doing the EGR block on both, also there is a dyno sheet on the Chip it site which shows stock plus stock with EGR blank plate.

I have one with a ZD30 now though and the intake is pretty gunked up after only 60000km on it, gotta get around to doing the EGR and swirl mods.

Well the difference is actually noticable lower in the rev range, its not huge but I did notice the revs are lower when the power(?) comes on. The drive to work is only 16km so I cant comment on temp difference. No engine warnings came up but time will tell, hopefully they dont. I need to fill up tomorrow so I will report on fuel consumption when I empty the tank again if you like.
Even if fuel economy remains the same, for the small gain in performance, I would say that a piece of sheet metal I scrounged from work and 39 minutes of my time is a pretty cheap mod.

Just spent about an hour and a half in Low range climbing hills on a stinking hot day (bout 35 degrees)
My temp gauge never went above normal running temp. So I guess I can safely say that it has not affected my engine temp at all.

since doing the egr blank in my 2008 2.5str lower range power is noticable but just wondering though did ur engine noise seem a little louder.. like a louder ticking noise..
sounds more like a truck or does that mean i have a problem somewhere else??

Just did the egr mod. Seem to have more power in lower gears. The test for me will be to see if the smoke stops as my nav loves to blow black smoke. Test tonight and let you guys know the result! I blocked the drivers side. Would it be worth blocking the passenger side as well? Thanks to jjohn for the plate.

ya best bet is to block it closest to the exhaust like in the earlier photos it helps to get rid of the soot buildup.. if u feel like ya have time ya can even go 1 step closer and fit it right into the exhaust next join down which is nxt to the alternator :p

Attachments

• IMAG0365.jpg
    IMAG0365.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 723
NVGRN25,
I have not had any increase in engine noise. I hope for your sake that your noise is nothing serious.!

hey dan all good was just a loose nut on back bolt of the exhuast so problem solved.. plus i have made a serperate pipe and breather for the intake side to allow slight airflow for the EGR actuator and managed to get a little more torque will post pics wen complete

Latest posts

Back