Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Trips And Touring

Grampians Tracks
Old 18-04-2012, 08:42 AM

Default Grampians Tracks

Hi Folks,

I'm off to the Grampians (Halls Gap) this weekend for five days and are wondering what tracks I should do (that are open)?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I am not after anything that shouldnt be tackled with only one vehicle etc but my D40 has the usual mods for offroad.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

Old 18-04-2012, 11:56 AM

Garage

I have a few mates up that way but I have never been up there in my Nav yet. From what I know there is still allot closed from the floods but I would probably just grab a map and ask around in the town like the servo or general store. If you go through Stawell call into Rayners Mini Market, its a fruit shop opposite Miter 10 on the Hwy. My mate Ben runs the place and he is a mad 4x4er he could give you some idea of where to go. I think he is in QLD for the next couple of days but should be back by the end of the week.

Hopee that helps a little
Xrox Steel bar, 12,000lb Tigrez 11 winch with rope, IPF spotlights, 3" full Taipan exahust, Dual battery 2nd in tub, Anderson plug, tub liner, rear flood reversing light and rear switched high mount flood light, Uniden UHF, MOS head unit with Pioneer 6" front speakers, 32" Insa Turbo Sahara Mudies.

Old 18-04-2012, 11:45 PM

My Mood:

Hello mate we went up 4 weeks ago, It a nice place but we only need 4wd once in 4 days, most tracks aClosed and to tell you the truth stay on the main roads any way the track that the class as 4wd are rough and a 2wd car could get up all of them. there way Mt difficult track was ok for 4wdin so was wartook track but the rest were 2wd !
Nothing like the Vic high country for 4wding.

we camp spot are packed too but we camped in our own spot a good one was lodge track at a fire dam.

But you most go its a amazing place i would go back 2 morrow !

Old 19-04-2012, 01:35 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I will see what we can find up there.