Beadlocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wondering if beadlocks can be used on the sunraysia rims?

Cheers
Calcal

I'm under the impression that beadlocks are part of the rim itself, and as far as I know, illegal for onroad use - cant understand why though...

I'm under the impression that beadlocks are part of the rim itself, and as far as I know, illegal for onroad use - cant understand why though...

You can buy beadlocks seperate and put them on yourself, just need to know if they will work with the sunraysias!! They are going on with my simex centerpides, only go on when I want to go out for a play

calcal said:
I just confirmed at a 4x4 shop that beadlocks will fit on sunnies

Did they give ya a price calcal??? Wouldn't mind getting them to mine

i assume that price does not include the prep work, welding and repainting?
any idea for the cost of that?

My mrs old man is pretty good with steel work plus he owns a powder coating business!! So it wouldn't boat me anything!! Wouldn't have a clue how much it would cost

nice work! i would love to have access to a powdercoating shop.
i was looking at beadlocks but i thought the cost wasnt worth it in the end for me, but in your case you have maybe halved the cost.

Yeah I'm pretty keen! I'm hunting around for simex centerpides and I want to do everything in one hit! New rims, beadlocks and rubber

Yes you can fit them to sunnies, but you cant just "take them off" as you have to weld the inner ring onto the wheel, then the outer ring bolts on. What size simexes are you thinking of running?
External bead locks are illegal to run on the road, but what isn't these days LOL.
They can be a real dog to balance, 1 of my mates had 35" bead locked simexes on his GQ and had close to 1kg of wheel weights on his rim plus about 6 golf balls in each tire (apparently they work like a for of auto balance)

Yes you can fit them to sunnies, but you cant just "take them off" as you have to weld the inner ring onto the wheel, then the outer ring bolts on. What size simexes are you thinking of running?
External bead locks are illegal to run on the road, but what isn't these days LOL.
They can be a real dog to balance, 1 of my mates had 35" bead locked simexes on his GQ and had close to 1kg of wheel weights on his rim plus about 6 golf balls in each tire (apparently they work like a for of auto balance)

33 x 12.5 x 15

calcal said:
33 x 12.5 x 15

What's the rims and offset you're running? I thought the 15" rims didn't fit, at least not with out some... modification of the brake caliper... I've been eyeing off some maxxis bighorn 32x11.5x

I used to run 15s on the nav! The caliper just touched so with the dremel I trimmed it back and they fit like a dream

I'm not to good with offsets!! I'm leaving the decision to my mate who owns a 4x4 shop.

Latest posts

Back