D22 - Which rims to fit 33s?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowy85

Reaction score
Ok... Ive searched this forum and elsewhere basically trying to find out how you guys out there with 285/75/R16s have gone with tyres rubbing etc aswell as when flexed, and what offset rims you have?

I want to know if its possible to have these size tyres with both the tyres not rubbing too much and not sticking out of the guards?

I currently only have a 3" Suspension lift.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

those tyres with factory offset shouldnt rub once you take off the front mudflap and maybe some minor work with a hammer.

Cheers guys. Just wanna get some black steelies... Prob just some kings as i cant find any Sunraysia's.... Any ideas?
So what would be the ideal offset for that tyre with 16" rims?

Cheers

depends how much excess metal u wana push in

Fair enough... do you think it would just be wiser to go for 275s instead? Even still saying that what is the most popular wheel offset that most ppl go for?

nope, id stick with the 33's and then pick ur offset. ull just have to do a bit of trimming, but nothing thats noticeable to anyone but you.

nope, id stick with the 33's and then pick ur offset. ull just have to do a bit of trimming, but nothing thats noticeable to anyone but you.

No worries mate. So what offset would you say would be ideal for a 16x8 rim?

i had 0 offset. had the tyres sort of flush with the flares.

hey mate i have 33s on my rig with king rims(steelies)not sure of the offset but i know king only make a few. an for them to fit i had to remove the mudflap an as joshy states massage the sill with a hammer:) other than that no worries.

Dynamic wheels do sunraysia's to suit the Navara offset, I got mine through my local Tyrepower dealer. Black, White or Silver rims. 16x7 or 16x8.

Cheers for the help lads... See how it goes when i get them!! Prob go for a 16x8 0 Offset and 285/75/R16s... A body lift may be in order!!

we sell infinity wheels at work, which is what i have on mine. For the Nav in 16x7 P13 or -30(which i wouldnt recommend) i went the P13 which got the wheel out a bit. But if you go patrol rim 16x8 P0 offset you should have no dramas what so ever running the 285's with a 3'' lift. have a look online: www.infinitywheels.com.au

Hi lads,

Every dealer I go to in Townsville (Jax, Bob J, Tyrepower....) won't install 16x8's with 33's on my ute. Some trouble with "travel and tracking" that they say is illegal. Anyone had that issue??

So far best offer I have gotten is $2200 for a set of 5 Maxxis Bighorns 265/75R16s on 7inch black steelies.

Whatever you do dont get 16x7, nothing wrong with em but if you ever down the track want to fit bigger/wider tyres you wont be able too, minimum i suggest you get is 16x8. Iv got them its no prob. But they wont be on for long too il be looking for some 16x10.

Ended up just getting 265/75R16 Bighorns for $295 each and 16x8 King steelies with offset +20) for $130 each

just got the new rims and tyres fited this morning. 16*8 Kings with +20 offset and 265/75R16 Bighorns. Does scuff a little in the inside front mud flaps which will disappear tonight.

Road noise is a little louder than the old AT's , but I don't care :big_smile:

Attachments

• DSCN0875.jpg
    DSCN0875.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,691
Looks the goods mate!
Just remove the front mud guards n get in there with a rubber mallet!

Back