wheel wobble

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cometbreeze

Reaction score
Hi all im in the market sort this problem I've had for 60,000k on my D22 '09 haha
Wheel wobble ???? its the misses shopping trolley and I work away so hence the laziness on getting it sorted.
Bought new 265/65/16 Copper ST and -20 King rims and was great for a bit then after 20000 got worse just thought it was the misses hitting curbs all the time or just the nature of the beast 4x4 ing.
got the balanced a few times made improvement's but still there a little
after 50000 got bad went in and to ask tyre joint what the go was, he looked at tyres and said they have worn oddly, I looked and yep they have worn on the front with one tread up and one down on the outer of the tyre.
He said Navara's are bad for it. My wheel alignment was out a fair bit and I should have got them aligned every 10000 to look after them but Naaa too BUSY.

soooo

Ive read that the steely can some times have problems and out of round but if you balance a tyre and rim it sgould be fine yea?

Also heard or read Coopers can be buggers too Balance as well.......

and also maybe drivetrain related?????

Im ready for new shoes and rims now as ive got about 60000 ks out of the coopers and wanna get rid of the wobble

any advice????

Maybe go new tyres with alloys?????
what ya think???

hey buddy,

I usto be a tyre fitter, you can have dramas with steel wheel eg kings not being perfectly round and causing a wobble while driving. if you get them to throw them up on the balance and hold a blade near the rim and watch the runout and see how far it is out.

u don't need new tyres, if its the rims just replace them with alloys.

navaras by design will wear the inside of the front tires, its just the way the suspension is setup.

get it into a decent alignment place and get them to set it up correctly
get them to test for play to, you might need to replace some bushes/ball joints.

check your tie rods and drag link for play, these don't last long with upgraded tire sizes.
if you haven't already get an idler brace, stops some of the steering play that cases issues

rims could be out, but if they are newish then you would hope not.

Thanx guys'll, yeh the tyre fitter said I had a bush or something with some ware but said it wasn't that bad and not to worry about it yet, and couldn't get my alignment perfect because of it.
This is the only place I've been as its where I purchased the rims and tyres, so might be time to go somewhere else and get those components checked.
Can anyone recommend anywhere that's good with suspension NOR in Perth.

Coppers are hard to balance. Bro in law has a cruiser ute with st maxx on it and on one wheel litteraly half the circumference has weight on it to balance the things.

Latest posts

Back