how do I adjust my bullbar?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUFFD40

Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick question... I had a old lady in a car park with a tow bar reverse into my 2011 d40 fitted with a factory steel bull bar, the damage when I looked at it at first was just the number plate that was cracked and her being really old I told her not to worry about it and we both drove off...

I got home and released the gap between the side of my bulbar and the guards is now not the same on both sides if that makes sense... I am a fussy kinda guy and wanted to adjust my bulbar so it sits like it once did how do I do this? I believe there could be 4 or 6 bolts to mount to chassis loosen these hold bull bar in position and tighten.. is this correct I wouldn't have a clue..

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, if you get under there and look where the bulbar bolts on to the end of of the chassis rails. You'll find four bolts holding the bar to the chassis bolting through a flange plate. On the the bar side of the flange you'll then find two bolts on each side that run across the box section. Loosen these and you'll be able to wiggle your bar back to straight

Yeap, what YBOD said. If you loosen slightly the bolts that bolt the bullbar to the mounting bracket you'll be able to adjust the bullbar. But first I would get under and have a good look around and make sure nothing has bent, she must have hit you hard to move the bullbar.

thanks for the help guys... so YBOD I have to loosen all the bolts you have just described to me... the thing is how you said she hit me pretty hard... she didn't.. like not at all my number plate has like a tiny mark on it that's all maybe could of been loose to begin with im not sure but I am so surprised it moved it all, hopefully give it a crack with a mate today.

You only need to loosen the bolts that hold the mounting bracket to the bulbar. No need to touch the ones that hold the mounts to the chassis flanges.

Maybe they weren't done up very well in the first place hence it moved without much whack

Thanks heaps YBOD, just cleaned up... ended up fixing it quite well now I once again have a even gap on both sides of my bulbar appreciate the help mate thank you!

Hi ,
Had an issue with my bull bar moving when I drove up through Musgrave a year and a half ago and I was a bit worried about it , airbags and such . So after a few days of fishing , but , my mind was on the loose bull bar and getting it home with out it falling off.
Got home and rang West-co Nissan and told them the story , yep we will investigate it , what did you hit , my reply was nothing because I had hit nothing . Their reply was you must have hit something bull bars don't move with out a bit of help what did you hit , this continued for 2 hours and when I finally thought I had got it through their thick skulls , I left the car to be fixed or so I thought . I rang that afternoon to get told we didn't fix it because we are looking for damage to prove you hit something. Now the constant accusations that I had hit something made me feel like they are calling me a liar , which I of course got pretty cranky. A while later and much HEATED arguing with the service manager .I said to him " If I hit something as hard as it would take to move the bull bar back 40+ mm into the front of the car , wouldn't the airbags go off or is it a case they are not working , so is it you just are so useless you can't tighten the bull bar fittings and caused a safety issue , or the airbag system doesn't work which is it " .
After some more very loud arguing and more accusations They decided that the bull bar had not been fitted correctly by them in the first place . 2 more visits to fix, align and 1 more to repair paint . And I never received an apology for being called a liar .

So I would suggest they have not tighten up the bolts properly in the first place .

Yeah this could be possible like I said... I bumped something at like 5km if that and mine moved made me think it was not put on properly to begin with, but yeah after ybod helped me was pretty easy to fix.

Latest posts

Back