Snorkel direct to air box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herbie83

Reaction score
Hello
I have fitted a 2.5lt snorkel to my rig. so I can have the second battery mounted where the pre filter "was". not really happy with the air flow.
Has anyone looked or done a mod straight through the guard, from the snorkel? cut out all the bends?
If so, how did you turn the triangle fitting on the air box to fit the 85mm is circle.
any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

Have a word to Big Gus mate I saw his setup only yesterday straight from the snorkel to the box no pre filter and it sucks"the snorkel that is".
HJ

Forefront has a pre-filter deletepipe which goes straight from snorkel to air box.

This pic shows it, but disregard the intercooler piping. There may be a little room for a battery???
Screenshot_2014-06-23-10-24-30.jpg

Thanks HJ will do, will be nice!
i have a fluid to air intercooler, just want "direct plumbing" to the air box. need the space for my battery.

cheers lads

Not sure how similar this is(D40 2.5lt), But the Triangle piece and pre-filter attachment was removable from the airbox, and fixed some PVC pipe in perfectly..
Might be hard to see this pic but 100% water tight and fits in perfectly. Just needs some painting and has greatly improved airflow..

I've also modified the ZD30 pre-filter on my previous Ute...

Have you got a pic of your Airfilter Box + surrounding areas?

Attachments

• 20140316_113614.jpg
    20140316_113614.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 480
Use a heat gun to soften the pvc and shape it to fit the triangle on the airbox.

Attachments

• IMG_6314-1.jpg
    IMG_6314-1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_6315 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_6315 - Copy.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 429
I grew up watching Macgyver and the A-team so i know how to improvise (and blow shit up). The only dodgy bit was fitting the ribbed hose from the pvc section to the snorkel.

yeh nice! I do enjoy a little of manipulation. the factory snorkel meets directly across from the air box inlet. so I recon it should be fairly straight forward, nothing some flex hose can clamps can not fix.
does it make much noise?

I will get it done and get some pics.

cheers

Soybean, I made my own pre-filter bypass here http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=28872

I didn't cut through the engine bay wall as I wasnt confident I'd do a
good job, just used the pre-existing hole and made my own intake pipe similar to the yd25 intake, just a little larger. Will hopefully still fit a battery, it's just going to be tight.

Well just as a bit of an update to this thread.
I converted my yd25 to 3 inch all the way from the snorkel to the airbox, was a pain in the butt and very tight but it all fits and is sealed.
Battery just fits and where the bends get tight I did a similar thing to shorty as above, I used stainless pipe though and squished it in the vice haha.
Can feel the reduction in restriction, it whistles pretty bloody well through the snorkel now and the added benefit I know its actually sealed properly.

Latest posts

Back