d40 2.5TD Dual fuel filters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo4x4

Reaction score
couldnt find any threads about aussie model d40 duel fuel filters...

Has anyone installed dual fuel filters? like the yanks?

i heard the second sits between the tank and the 1st fuel filter...is this right/recommended?

and also a better/stronger fuel pump?

thanks fellas

this is what ive done with no problems yet DSCF0458.jpg

DSCF0457.jpg

had the boilermaker at work design and make the bracket but done everything else myself

ahh ok...that 2nd filter looks like a sakura one...is it?

iv got one that looks exactly like it which was sent to me from western filters by mistake..did u have to upgrade the fuel pump at all??

also iv added a picture asking what the red circle bits are? thanks heaps mate..

the bottom red circle is that a sensor attached?

Attachments

• fuel filter3.jpg
    fuel filter3.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:
couldnt find any threads about aussie model d40 duel fuel filters...

Has anyone installed dual fuel filters? like the yanks?

i heard the second sits between the tank and the 1st fuel filter...is this right/recommended?

and also a better/stronger fuel pump?

thanks fellas

the yanks are all petrols not diesels. theres no better/stronger fuel pump to get. they don't have a lift pump, the injection pump sucks up all the fuel and they are generally fairly good.

you can add filters such as pictured BUT be vary carefull of what filters you put on it. a lot of the CAV filters do not flow enough so check before you buy. i would expect you will need one that does 60-90 gph. if its a poor flowing filter it can cause to much of a restriction. injection pressure is influenced by how much filter restriction there is.

the yanks are all petrols not diesels. theres no better/stronger fuel pump to get. they don't have a lift pump, the injection pump sucks up all the fuel and they are generally fairly good.

you can add filters such as pictured BUT be vary carefull of what filters you put on it. a lot of the CAV filters do not flow enough so check before you buy. i would expect you will need one that does 60-90 gph. if its a poor flowing filter it can cause to much of a restriction. injection pressure is influenced by how much filter restriction there is.

ahh i see...thanks heaps for the info mate

im getting worried after reading this months 4wd action advising common rails are prone to die in the arse from water damage then the other diesel motors...its sad.

Last edited:
quite correct, they are very touchy on fuel quality. i think some of the overseas D40's come with dual filters in some countries. i have heard some companies have stopped selling common rail engines in some countries because of poor fuel.

ahh ok...that 2nd filter looks like a sakura one...is it?

iv got one that looks exactly like it which was sent to me from western filters by mistake..did u have to upgrade the fuel pump at all??

also iv added a picture asking what the red circle bits are? thanks heaps mate..

the bottom red circle is that a sensor attached?

that filter is oem there is two different types of filters for the d40.The bottom part is a water sensor and the top part is a valve on the return line. All i have done is added a second fuel filter as a water seperator with the glass bowl for easy inspection. There is no need to add an extra fuel pump

ahh i see whats going on now...i was getting confused cause my OEM is totally different to yours...this is what mine looks like...il just need to buy the filter with glass bottom (good idea) and connect the in and out fuel lines...

Attachments

• fuel filter.jpg
    fuel filter.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,486
ahh i see whats going on now...i was getting confused cause my OEM is totally different to yours...this is what mine looks like...il just need to buy the filter with glass bottom (good idea) and connect the in and out fuel lines...

you got it
where did you get the intercooler piping from are you still using factory intercooler are afertmarket
cheers

I have the same fuel filter as Nismo4x4 (2006 2.5td )and I notice there is another fuel filter on the passenger side at the rear of the engine bay - you can just see it in the last photo. It is not referred to in the handbook or workshop manual??
I wonder if a CAV type filter can be fitted instead of it. and I wonder where replacements can be bought.

Latest posts

Back