Corrector Speedo Module.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony d22

Reaction score
I have heard a lot about these Speedo correctors and want to know if anyone has fitted one to their D22.
MY speedo is out 9 - 10kms/h and it is starting peeve me a little.
I'm sick of using the GPS to know how fast I am going.

How easy are they to install?
How do you adjust the unit?
Have you had any issues with them?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/corrector-speedo-module/p/AA0376

I read the manual, seems like a pain Tbh.
I just know what I'm running at now days,
Scangauge corrects me if I'm unsure

I don't know where the D22 gets its speed information from. If like the older D40s (eg mine) it gets it from the ABS system then the Jaycar kit won't work for you. What you then want to do is look at a tyre that has a larger rolling diameter/circumference.

The closest sized tyre I can find (that doesn't strain the width of your rim) is a 255/85R16 which has a rolling circumference of 2638.62mm, compared to the standard 2398.29mm. 10% over standard is 2638.12 so the very very slightly larger tyre may make the speedo illegal (it's never allowed to read less than the speed you're travelling, it is only allowed to read equal or higher than the speed you are travelling).

Problem is, 85% profile is going to look a little dicky like one of those old jeeps. The next nearest is 315/65R17 with a rolling circumference of 2643.02mm. Your speedo will begin to read under the actual speed by a noticeable margin, possibly causing you to attact the wrong sort of nee-naw-nee-naw attention, although they'd look bloody good!

If I run standard size mines out, if I run 265 75 16 mines bang on.
Scangauge picks up the difference when I'm not running muddies.
I've got used to where I need to be on the Speedo now anyway, I'm usually under

I don't know where the D22 gets its speed information from. If like the older D40s (eg mine) it gets it from the ABS system then the Jaycar kit won't work for you. What you then want to do is look at a tyre that has a larger rolling diameter/circumference.

The closest sized tyre I can find (that doesn't strain the width of your rim) is a 255/85R16 which has a rolling circumference of 2638.62mm, compared to the standard 2398.29mm. 10% over standard is 2638.12 so the very very slightly larger tyre may make the speedo illegal (it's never allowed to read less than the speed you're travelling, it is only allowed to read equal or higher than the speed you are travelling).

Problem is, 85% profile is going to look a little dicky like one of those old jeeps. The next nearest is 315/65R17 with a rolling circumference of 2643.02mm. Your speedo will begin to read under the actual speed by a noticeable margin, possibly causing you to attact the wrong sort of nee-naw-nee-naw attention, although they'd look bloody good!

I don't really want to go to bigger tyres as I tow a tradies trailer (800kg) everyday.
The D22's aren't the most torqey so going to a bigger size will leave me with no launch control. Even going to a 265 75 is not an option.

I just fitted 265/75/16s and now at 90 I am doing closer to 95. My Speedo was dead on with the 70s before. I just bought one of these from Jaycar and it says to be careful of the air bag when getting behind the dash. Has anyone else put one of these sort of things in yet? Any advice about making sure the airbag doesn't go off? I was just thinking about disconnecting the battery...

Tony, did you end up putting one of these in? I bought the ready made Digitech unit from Jaycar and in won't work. I have since researched it and lots of people have had the same problem. My VSS ( vehicle speed sensor) is a two wire induction? unit. Newer cars have a 1 wire VSS apparently and many have a 3 wire sensor. I haven't been able to find out if this is incompatible with my sensor yet... still searching 😡

No I didn't sorry.
I read elsewhere about that issue and was torn between buying one or just getting used to the speedo. I ended up forgetting about it until this thread popped back up.

Latest posts

Back