maxxis 771 atr's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane75

Reaction score
am thinking about buying some maxxis 771 atr's 265/70/16 for my d22.just wondering if anybody has them on there 4wd or can just give me some feedback?they are a good looking all terrain and at $194 i am hoping they are good value 4 money.

do they come in LT spec? can't really tell on website.. i think for any offroad (and you must want to go offroad if you are going AT) you really are better off with light truck tyres. can't help you with opinons on that tyre though. They do look nice.

well they look to be tarseal pattern (typical AT), the 265/70/16 is a slightly bigger than stock tire and requires 8" rim. not sure with alloy rims but steels are only 7" rim.
might pay to check what tire and rim you have to start with.

well guys i had them fitted today,they are a very similar tread pattern to the bidgestone 694's.so far only had them on the black stuff and they are quiet and got to try them out in the wet this arvy and very impressed.i will post some more comments once i get off road and really test them out.

Gday guys, any more thoughts about this tyre? Bob Jane in Kwinana (perth) will fit 265/75/16s for $224 each which seems like a fair deal, same size BFG ATs are $342 :(

Hi gshannon, i had a set of 265/75 R16 BFG T/A KOs fitted today for $315 each. will be getting the free compressor freebie too. considering the compressor is worth $295 it's a pretty good deal. i asked the tyre place about the maxxis, didn't really have much to say other than saying that they were popular due to their price only. not really comparable to the BFGs.

Cheers for that info Will.
Just has beaurepairs email me a quote for goodyear duratracs for 315, I need 5 so not too sure which way I will go yet

A workmate just picked up a set of 5 Bridgestone A/T 695s for $215 each for his Discovery. (235/65 R16 i think) pretty damn good price, wouldnt even consider Maxxis with 695s at that price.

mate i am more than happy with the maxxis so far,they seem to have made a step forward with the 771's.i got my 265/70/16's for $194 each which ain't bad for a light truck compound all terrain tyre.i think there might be a fair price difference between a 235/65 and a 265/70 also so that does not seem like a real fair comparison!!!!!!

I recon I'd consider the maxxis pretty seriously next time, they look like a pretty good tyre at a much better price than the big names.

At this stage I am going to go with the Maxxis 771s x5, I always like to try something different and if they dont peform too well I and many others will know about it for next time.
I was planning on getting some muddies but have decided to put ATs on the stock rims for everyday use and if I get into some serious wheeling will get a set of MT 33s on 8" king rims or similiar

.i think there might be a fair price difference between a 235/65 and a 265/70 also so that does not seem like a real fair comparison!!!!!!

cant argue with you there. Just sharing the info mate, not a comparison.:pleasantry:

Gday guys, any more thoughts about this tyre? Bob Jane in Kwinana (perth) will fit 265/75/16s for $224 each which seems like a fair deal, same size BFG ATs are $342 :(
I rang Bob Jane here in Melbourne for the same prices as above... and was told by the shop owner he would go for the Maxxis because of the price difference to the BFG.
He also said that according to the latest survey for all terain tyres they were rated as
1...BFG
2...MAXXIS
3...COOPERS
4...MICKEY THOMPSONS

BFG and Maxxis had tha same ply and load rating...i know what I will be getting.......Maxxis
for the price of 4 BFG i can get 5 Maxxis.....great value
cheers:rock:

reckon its cause bob jane are the main stockists of maxxis and BFG? you know who owns the company that imports maxxis, cult called the exclusive brethren. pretty sure i don't wanna give them my money.

Last edited:
Back