D22 2.5l Blowing smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke82

Reaction score
Hey guys. As the title states my D22 2.5l TD seems to blow a puff of smoke when I accelerate up hills. It’s a manual and it only appears on the gear change. As this is my first diesel, is this normal ? There is no loss of power or anything and the fuel economy seems to be correct.
It’s getting a service next week just to be sure. Anything I should keep my eye out for ???
Thanks.

I wouln't stress Luke a puff under acceleration is nothing unusual for them especially if the egr hasn't been blocked. Have you noticed it in the rear view mirror or has someone else mentioned it?

I wouln't stress Luke a puff under acceleration is nothing unusual for them especially if the egr hasn't been blocked. Have you noticed it in the rear view mirror or has someone else mentioned it?

I have only really noticed it at night in the headlights of the car behind me. Can’t really see it during the day

When I first got mine a few months ago, it blew quite a bit, now that I’ve blocked the egr and installed catch can it only blows smoke when I select the wrong gear.

yes if you block off the EGR Valve with a [ Blanking Plate ] your engine won,t blow as much black smoke but it will blow abit under hard acceleration . i suggest you should do this simple block off before your intake manifold blocks up with soot and this can become costly to clean out.

EGR block done. Piece of cake. Spent more time trying to get the bolt I dropped out of the engine bay lol
No engine lights so far !!!!

That’s all I did a week after I bought it. It won’t stop the smoke on take off though, they run lean from the factory the ecu compensates and that’s the puff of smoke on take off.

Latest posts

Back