pro comp rock crawler rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petes navstr

Reaction score
i just got off phone to pro comp wheels and they told me they cant help me with 16inch wheels for a d22 because they rub on calliper, now i've seen guys rigs with them on so i'd like to know how to get past this problem..

does anybody know anyone thats using these wheels that might be able to help me with which offset or anything at all about getting these wheels on :questionmark::questionmark::banghead::banghead::feedback:

i just got some procomp alloys from the usa. i havnt tryed to fit them yet but after reading this i just went out and fitten them, no idea why procomp said that to you but my 16x8 -12 offset fit on fine with at least 15mm clearnce from caliper

08012011394.jpg

08012011395.jpg

Last edited:
ha ha ha i bet ya you were shittin for five min after reading my post, yep i spoke to them and asked for the rock crawler series 98 and they said no they have problems with fit.. I've seen another member with them on so I've messaged him and waiting on reply on his size and offset.. i was going to settle for sunraysias but thought I'd find something with bit better style, with tyres on are your tyres going to stick out past guards?? thanks for help mate :shakehands:

i was shitting it pretty bad cause i had another mate ask if they where going to fit and said alloys usualy wont.
yeah its going to stick out a fair amount, they say 0mm offset on an 8inch rim will bring the rims out levle with the gaurds, ive got -12mm (extra 12mm out) and with tyre yeah its going to stick out a bit, which i dont mind.

if you dont mind me asking how much did they want for the wheels?

i was shitting it pretty bad cause i had another mate ask if they where going to fit and said alloys usually wont.
yeah its going to stick out a fair amount, they say 0mm offset on an 8inch rim will bring the rims out level with the guards, Ive got -12mm (extra 12mm out) and with tyre yeah its going to stick out a bit, which i dont mind.

if you dont mind me asking how much did they want for the wheels?

sweet as so i think i should stick to 0mm offset cause i want it to run flush(cant be bothered with the law saying tuck your boots in bla bla bla), i didn't get price cause there was nothing to suit my d22, i must have a different unheard of model that nothing fits.. import from neptune you know ha ha ha I'll ring them on Monday and wind up the attitude a bit and see what happens when or if i get a price I'll let you know, where did you get wheels from?? can i go through them also?? thanks :cheers!:

they probably dont fit on factory offset due to the shape. just get a further offset rim should fix the problem. Stock is +40 i think

they probably dont fit on factory offset due to the shape. just get a further offset rim should fix the problem. Stock is +40 i think

ok so what should i be asking for in off set terms when i contact them again???? all i asked for was 16x8 i never told them off set at all thanks

have a look on procomp web site, the alloys only come in a few offsets hence why i had to go -12mm

i got mine from low range offroad as it was almost half the cost then to buy them in aus

what you want is 16x8 inch rim with 0mm offset thats idealy but most of the rims dont come in 0mm offset.

- offset make it stand out more, + will bring the wheel back into the car, but you may run into clearnce problems.

there is nothing wrong with the tyres hanging out if you got then covered however i do beleive there is a maximum you can go

Last edited:
have a look on procomp web site, the alloys only come in a few offsets hence why i had to go -12mm

i got mine from low range offroad as it was almost half the cost then to buy them in aus

what you want is 16x8 inch rim with 0mm offset thats idealy but most of the rims dont come in 0mm offset.

- offset make it stand out more, + will bring the wheel back into the car, but you may run into clearnce problems.

there is nothing wrong with the tyres hanging out if you got then covered however i do beleive there is a maximum you can go

oh ok its making more sense now, when you say clearance problems is that maybe what pro comp told me meaning not clearing the calliper??? hmmm bit of homework to do b4 i hand over cash

web site says some dealers have rims to try so i'm just going to go down to a dealer and hit and hope and see what i can drive away with

i had a look at off set calculator and it has current wheel wideness as in 7inch and it asks me to put my current offset, what is the offset on a 02 str standard 16 inch rim though??

You will have problems with tyres rubbing at full lock with any rims with 0 or neg offset without bodylift. Mate with a stock D22 had 16x8 -5 with 275/70R16 fitted and had trouble turning back to the tyre shop to get them taken off, couldn't even get the wheels to full lock as the rubbing was that bad. Turn your wheels full lock (on the ground) and check out how close they are to the mudflap to see how little space there is. 16x8 +20 with 265/75R16 should fit with some trimming of the mudflap.

Cheers

P.S. Stock D22 str rim is 16x7 +40

You will have problems with tyres rubbing at full lock with any rims with 0 or neg offset without bodylift. Mate with a stock D22 had 16x8 -5 with 275/70R16 fitted and had trouble turning back to the tyre shop to get them taken off, couldn't even get the wheels to full lock as the rubbing was that bad. Turn your wheels full lock (on the ground) and check out how close they are to the mudflap to see how little space there is. 16x8 +20 with 265/75R16 should fit with some trimming of the mudflap.

Cheers

P.S. Stock D22 str rim is 16x7 +40

no worries thanks mate so +40 will stick them out bit more wider?? i dont mind just dont want them rubbing on inside

Latest posts

Back