4wd suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I don't have constant weight just yet. Got the heavy kit for future plans of canopy and draws. If I chuck in a couple of bags of old cement I have laying around will this help with the vibrations?? Or can I takeout a leaf from the pack, and if so is it the third leaf from the top?

Yeah I have thrown 4 20kg bags of cement I have that have gone hard. Seems to have smoothed it out a little. Just means I'll have to hurry up and build the canopy and draws!

Zorko,

We are planning to travel WA for 2018 with a 2013 d40 with factory bulbar and side rails. Will be towing a Aussie Swag camper trailer. At the moment we have factory suspension but as we do more off road will need to upgrade. We travel mostly on bitumen but will be off road for a small percentage of the trip.

What would recommend? We would look at getting you to the installation as we live on the Northside!

Thanks

Zorko,

We are planning to travel WA for 2018 with a 2013 d40 with factory bulbar and side rails. Will be towing a Aussie Swag camper trailer. At the moment we have factory suspension but as we do more off road will need to upgrade. We travel mostly on bitumen but will be off road for a small percentage of the trip.

What would recommend? We would look at getting you to the installation as we live on the Northside!

Thanks

I would go with a Bluemax kit $1775 fitted.
Option to upgrade to Bilsteins add $475

Be aware D40s can suffer from camber problems when lifted
Cheers

After a lift is installed, you will run out of adjustment when a wheel alignment is done, it won't go perfectly straight. People will tell you it will be fine, but it won't be. You can drive it fine, but tyre wear will be the issue.

Zordo can help you out though, he sells UCA's to resolve this issue, it's installed at the same time as the front struts to correct the issue of adjusting camber when a wheel alignment is done

http://shop.snakeracing.com.au/d40-navara-adjustable-long-travel-upper-control-arms/

Slightly different brands are sold but they all do the same thing

Zorko, what causes the camber problems and can any issues that arise be overcome?

Hey mate.

it's Zordo,

Lifting D40s can cause camber problem as there is no adjustment for camber.
Lifting D40s give more positive camber, quite drivable but hard on tyres.
New UCAs cost $650
Upper arm contact is another possible problem & UCAs will fix that at the same time
Cheers

Last edited:
So Zordo we are looking at 2,400 approximately. Might Come over and see you in the next week.

Thanks

Hi mate.

UCAs are $650 plus fitting.

I you do everything at the same time it will be $2500
Separately is $1775 & $800
If you are coming for a chat ring me first 0418 780 611
Cheers

D40 550

Hi Zordo
I got my local so called 4x4 suspension shop to fix the harsh ride on my 550 which had TJM stuff on it. So I got Climax suspension to fix the problem so they fitted a set of King comfort springs with Bilstein struts. The rear I left the TJM xgs gold edition shocks and fitted new leaves 4+2 not sure on the brand. A few months down the track and the front end has sagged and the ride is back to harsh again.
A alloy bullbar is fitted with two lights so I guess a net gain of around 30 kilos with no load in the back.
A few people in here have suggested dobinsons springs,
Climax have no solution saying the springs they have are to soft or to hard.
What to do ?
Tks
Brad

Hi Zordo
I got my local so called 4x4 suspension shop to fix the harsh ride on my 550 which had TJM stuff on it. So I got Climax suspension to fix the problem so they fitted a set of King comfort springs with Bilstein struts. The rear I left the TJM xgs gold edition shocks and fitted new leaves 4+2 not sure on the brand. A few months down the track and the front end has sagged and the ride is back to harsh again.
A alloy bullbar is fitted with two lights so I guess a net gain of around 30 kilos with no load in the back.
A few people in here have suggested dobinsons springs,
Climax have no solution saying the springs they have are to soft or to hard.
What to do ?
Tks
Brad

Hi mate.
Do you have the yellow Bilsteins ???
I have done lots of D40 with the Yellow B6 Bilsteins & Dobinson coils & the guys are very happy.
Cheers

Hi mate.
Do you have the yellow Bilsteins ???
I have done lots of D40 with the Yellow B6 Bilsteins & Dobinson coils & the guys are very happy.
Cheers

Yep yellow Bilsteins are fitted. I'd better give you a call. Just need to find someone in town who can change the springs for me

Hi Zordo,
I'm wanting to upgrade the suspension on my 550, i'm going to moreton island in may & don't want to be a sand plow with the low front end, it's never going to see hardcore 4x4'ing just beach stuff, i'm fancying the bilstein adjustable 5100's but my question is will they give the front the lift i need? i'm reasonably happy with the rear height if it sat somewhere near level at the front i'd be happy, are the stock front springs ok to keep or would you advise changing those aswell? i would like the ride to be not too harsh no worse than stock a bit better would be nice!
Many thanks for any advice in advance, kind regards, Adam.

Sorry i should of mentioned the front of my truck is standard but i am going to put a black nudge bar on it & an LED lightbar so nothing heavy.

Last edited:
Hi Zordo,
I'm wanting to upgrade the suspension on my 550, i'm going to moreton island in may & don't want to be a sand plow with the low front end, it's never going to see hardcore 4x4'ing just beach stuff, i'm fancying the bilstein adjustable 5100's but my question is will they give the front the lift i need? i'm reasonably happy with the rear height if it sat somewhere near level at the front i'd be happy, are the stock front springs ok to keep or would you advise changing those aswell? i would like the ride to be not too harsh no worse than stock a bit better would be nice!
Many thanks for any advice in advance, kind regards, Adam.

Sorry i should of mentioned the front of my truck is standard but i am going to put a black nudge bar on it & an LED lightbar so nothing heavy.

The 5100s are not readily available any more as they did not suit the Aussie D40.

Can do the yellow B6 Bilsteins & Dobinson coils for $770
The Standard coils will not cope
Plus shipping or fitting
Cheers

Latest posts

Back