Custom rear bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyfisho

Reaction score
Gday guys, a rock jumped out at me today as I was reversing and has bent my rear chrome step up and creased my rear quarter. Just wondering if anyone has a rear custom bar, similar to a set of sliders? Any photos would be a bonus. Cheers!

Check out peoples garages. I don't know off the top of my head if anyone has any build threads for rear bars but plenty of people list what they have and many have photos. Hunt through the garages and albums then if you find something either PM the photo's owner or ask a question in the related thread.

check out my photo's - i might have a piccy or two there of the ironman rear step bar that i've got on my ute.

Google "rear bar" - I'm about to build one & got all my ideas from good old google!

Check out my garage.

Yours is one of the better ones i've seen, dont mind it. Think i will take my rear step of as a start and try to get my hands on a DX rear tub plate (I posted in the Wanted section for one of these) The bit that the number plate screws to. I like the factory look.

Did you change you towbar also, as it looks higher than the STR version. Thats the other thing id change. I think the DX tow pack sits up higher, im guessing this is what you have?

Cheers Pete

Peteyen86 said:
Yours is one of the better ones i've seen, dont mind it. Think i will take my rear step of as a start and try to get my hands on a DX rear tub plate (I posted in the Wanted section for one of these) The bit that the number plate screws to. I like the factory look.

Did you change you towbar also, as it looks higher than the STR version. Thats the other thing id change. I think the DX tow pack sits up higher, im guessing this is what you have?

Cheers Pete

You could try ARB for one of these panels. They put one on my ute when I got a rear tube bar. I think they are only about $70

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

You could try ARB for one of these panels. They put one on my ute when I got a rear tube bar. I think they are only about $70

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks mate, that's sounds like the go. Will go in and ask. Otherwise ill check out the wreckers. Guess you need it for the ARB bar though, hopefully they sell them by themselves.

Thanks again.

Pete

Attachments

• IMAG0287.jpg
    IMAG0287.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 187
Ultra Cool Tommy....! Looks sweet .......just I need a tow bar.

I have plans to put a hayman reece style one where the numberplate is.

But the std towbar can be bolted back underneath in about 5 mins, so that will do for now. Only took it off for extra clearance. (just spent 2 weeks up the cape + CREB track etc)

i want one like Bosshogs but with tow bar hitch in centre of the two rails

Boss - does the side mounts behind rear wheel have a brace to the chassis? If that doesn't make sense, you got a pic of the mounts underneath you could post for me please?

i want one like Bosshogs but with tow bar hitch in centre of the two rails

Boss - does the side mounts behind rear wheel have a brace to the chassis? If that doesn't make sense, you got a pic of the mounts underneath you could post for me please?

Luke, there is no bracing back to the chassis behind the rear wheels. The tubing is chromoly - so its light and very strong. It has stood the test of time thus far.

Latest posts

Back