Front Struts top washer.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LLadnar

Reaction score
Ok, fitted a tough dog 2" lift kit too my D40, a mate of mine gave me a hand to do it and he has but the the washer on top of my strut on upside down, so that the curved edge is pointing down which is making the washer hit on the strut cap head recess that the top rubber sits in.

Now, can I just undo the nut and flip the washer over, with the weight of the car holding the spring in place or do I have to take the hole strut back out again, use spring compressors then undo the nut??

anyone??

Brad.

does it bang or make any noise???

if not just leave it, but im struggling to understand which washer your talking about

it's pretty strait forward,
you have a strut which spring sits on, the the cap head that goes on top of the sping and the threaded end of the strut goes through the centre, a rubber bush then a washer and a retaining nut that holds it all together.
If you undo the nut when the strut is out of the car with out spring compressors the spring and strut will fly apart at a million km/h and hopefully not kill someone.

what I want too know is if I undo the nut while the strut is still in the car will the weight of the car hold it together or will it try to fly apart.

Yes mate you can undo the washer with the weight of the car on the ground
Cheers

Latest posts

Back