Rear bumper bar for 2009 RX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggendjohn01

Reaction score
Hell guys, I'm thinking about fitting a rear chrome bumper bar to my 2009 RX. Has anyone done it before and can you give me some advice ???? I've had a look at some on eBay but I'm not sure which ones will fit. And, I've been told I'll have to remove the infill piece below the tail gate. Is that an easy job?

I put one on a 2010 RX without any problems, took about 15min. I think the Mrs got it off Ebay for about half the price Nissan wanted and its exactly the same.

Hi mate, Thanks for the response. Did you have to remove the "infill" panel below the tailgate? The one where the rego plate is fixed? I had a look at an ST and an STX and they don't seem to have that panel.

Yes you will need to remove the 'panel' - and it will take you all of about 5 minutes before you bolt the chrome bumper on.

Hardest part is that there is some silicon at both ends of the said' panel. dont be afraid of grabbing it hard and just pulling it off.

Mine had no infill panel and looked very bare, thats why i got the rear bumper. Only thing i had to take off were two black rubber pads. You'll just need to hook up the wires from the new bar so you have number plate lights.

Don't tighten it right up only to discover that its not as square as you thought it was when you're laying on the ground looking up at it...

Thanks for the reply guys. I wasn't too sure if it was a major job or not. I saw the sealant at the sides and wasn't too sure if there was some spot welds somewhere behind the panel. And, WoodyD40, I'm in Upwey Vic, I assume that you're from Berwick Vic. If you see or hear of a suitable rear step in our area, could you let me know. Thanks

Yes you will need to remove the 'panel' - and it will take you all of about 5 minutes before you bolt the chrome bumper on.

Hardest part is that there is some silicon at both ends of the said' panel. dont be afraid of grabbing it hard and just pulling it off.

Hi Woody. I managed to get a D40 ST rear bar. I was in the local dealers looking at the fittings I would need. One of the salesmen said when I remove the infill panel. I will have to get an area painted because its bare metal below where the panel bolts to the tub. Is this correct?

Hey guys,

Sorry for bumping an old thread, I've searched but haven't had any luck.

What is this "infill" panel everyone is talking about?

08N0037-3.jpg

Also while I'm at it, what does it take to remove the rear cabin guard?

I noticed they are a different design to the older RX if that makes a difference.

640px-2005-2007_Nissan_Navara_(D40)_RX_4-door_utility_(2007-12-12)_02.jpg

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back