Dodgy Suspension Installation?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20hurtz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I got dobinson springs and billstien shocks installed (2" lift) about a year ago and I have not noticed any suspension issues. I have changed state and have gone for a rego inspection to get my Nav registered in my new state, needless to say the car failed due to the aftermarket suspension. They say it's because the aftermarket suspension was not installed correctly, there is a gap between the bush and the washer meaning that the shock absorber is not doing its job properly, see pics.

and closer up

Is this a dodgy suspension install?

and most importantly what work do I need done so that I can register the Nav?

Cheers

Last edited:
Not a dodgy install, just lack of maintenance. All suspension components need regular checking.

A whole 10secs to tighten the nut is all that's needed to fix it. Fairly surprised you didn't notice the knocking sound it would have being making.

There is either something missing under the tophat or the shock shaft has pushed through the lower washer.
The coil/shock needs removing & dismantling to see what is wrong.
Don't think it a major fix prolly just a new washer
Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply Leprechaun, so your saying all that needs to happen is that top nut needs to be screwed down a bit? I have not noticed any knocking and the install being under 9 months old I assumed it would not need any real maintence untill at minimum the year mark (could be my ignorance, I'm not an overly mechanical person).

Cheers

Latest posts

Back