Opinions on ECB

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stretchwa

Reaction score
Hey there guys and gals.

Am in the hunt for a bullbar and came across ECB. Just wanting to know if and what anyone thinks of them.
This is just research so I can pass on to the ministry of work and finance but would like to start ASAP. Have been given a quote to have an ARC bar bumper replacement for $2100 installed. This is in silver hammertone finish as well.
As with all quotes this is for a limited time.
Also this is the start of my mods for the beast. Its still stock except for the tinted windows.

Thanks all

I had a look at the one they do for the 550 and thought it was hideous, have since seen a couple getting about and they are growing on me.

Sorry can't be more help

I really can't help with your query but I did look at them myself when deciding on a bullbar.

As far as thier alloy bars go, I understand that they have 2 models. One is an over bumper syle where the original bumper is retained & the other is a bumper replacement where the original bar is mostly cut off.

I reckon at the end of the day, it's you that has to be happy with it.

At $2,100 odd dollars you are obviously not making the decision based on price.

Good luck with your purchase & may this be the start of many :rock:

Thats correct Joe. It's a bit of money to part with after the purchase of the car and dont want a dud. Have been looking around and heard horror stories on other gear yet haven't heard anything about ECB. I guess no news is good news.
In the end I want a good product that is reliable for my hard earned dollars. Is that too much to ask for?

No it is not too much to ask for.

I agonised about my bullbar too. When I finally made the decision, I agonised about the colour. I ended up with a black one & worried because initially I did not like the look of it. I worry with just about every purchase I make!

I can't recall reading anything negative about ECB although I can't say I have seen a lot of them.

Lets hope people with first hand experience can answer your question.

Last edited:
do your research, i'm a nerd for researching things but its the only way to get what you want. I recently jumped on two mods for my nav because the opportunity arose, both ended up being a massive waste of time and money and i'm very unhappy about it.

Lesson learnt

Oh for what its worth, the ECB bar looked extremely well built, think it would be good as far as impact goes, it just looked a bit odd on the car thats all (D40 STX 550)

Well asthetics are a minor thing to look at, don't get me wrong if the fitting looks like a one armed cross eyed lepper has fitted it then look out, but if it is just ugly looking then so be it as long as it does the job its designed for.

well I have decided to get one in the silver hammertone look. should look good against the slate grey. haven't found any bad reports on them and for the price i was given to be shipped and fitted can't complain. Well here goes the first mod/upgrade for my beast. Will post pics when its done. stay tuned for more info as time goes by. Thanks guys for your input. ministry was rather easy to please (this time). Wait till I tell her about the suspension upgrade and lift. hehe

Well its done

Well finally got the ECB installed and looks good against the colour.

DSC01798.jpg

DSC017971.jpg

Also got the Rhino heavy commercial roof rack installed as well.
So now I have started on my mods and can't wait till the next mod. Just awaiting approval from the ministry of work and finance.

Latest posts

Back