how good is the alternator on d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
i was wondering how good the alternator is on a d22? iv got extra on the car:

i have got a pair of 240 gxt spoties, a uhf, a reverse light, a angle frige occasional and air horns and i want to conect another pair of 240 gxt spoties but i dont konw how much the alternator can handel and if it will charge the battery to fall charge.

i had 6 lightforce spotties, 2 worklights on the back running while idling and it died. so not that good. i replaced it with patrol 90amp havent had a problem since.

Mine does the job, I got a GU 90 amp alternator in the shed that one day I will fit.

Dave.

it only gets called abuse cause they cant handle the testing.

it only gets called abuse cause they cant handle the testing.

thats right :)
i dont have that many things a you joshy on the car. is it hard to change it over and will it corse any other problems that i should know about befor i do anything else?

I have alot of gear in my car. Always running, including a 1000w amp..... I have a volt meter and it never drops under 13 volts with everything going flat out..... Never had a problem while running.

Just that one time i left the fridge going for a couple of days :(

I have alot of gear in my car. Always running, including a 1000w amp..... I have a volt meter and it never drops under 13 volts with everything going flat out..... Never had a problem while running.

do you have a dual battery system in yours?

The patrol alternator is a straight swap over. Picked it up off ebay. Id still prefer more amps when all the lights, fridge, inverter and everything else is going but ill see if a 2nd/3rd battery help.

what is the right technique to release pressure off the fan belt and idler pully to change alt or belt etc
thanks

A socket and breaker bar. Put it on the belt tensioner from underneath and push against the tension to loosen the belt. It's a bit of a PITA.

yea belts a mad pita to get the tension loose. i cant remember how i did it now

Latest posts

Back