Terratrip install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1310/71

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a terratrip to their Navara. Mine's an 03 STR ZD30TD.
I'm going to mount it with a suction cup based holder so it can be removed when not needed.

Just wondering where/how people mounted the probe and wiring - do you use wheel probe or speedo cable drive (do Navara's have an electric or cable driven speedo?).

This will just be as a backup in case the rally car isn't driveable for classic rallies in case people are wondering. Terratrip 303+.

Thanks
KB

KB,

I welded a bracket to the front crossmember and fitted the probe to take a signal from the 4 bolts on the front tailshaft (requires both front hubs engaged to get a reading). I then ran the wiring up through the firewall, fitted a cigarette lighter plug to the power and earth leads ( use a permanent power supply if you can). I've found that the unit fits neatly in the top glovebox, and sort of wedges in under the lid, without need for permanent mounting.

Cheers.

I'll need mine to work in 2WD, so may have to drive it off a hub stud(s).
A lot of the classic navigational rallies are high proportion of bitumen.

In the rally car I feed it with a wire direct to the battery. Will do the same in the Nav.

KB

Engaging the front hubs wont cause any problem whilst in 2wd, actually some say it's good for the front diff to rotate and spin up the oil. Just don't engage 4wd whilst on the bitumen!

Cheers.