Removing side steps

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
hey guys,
im wanting to remove the side steps on the nav to put a set of sliders on. when i checked, it looks like i have to remove the seats to remove the bolts, is this true??
cheers

cheers scotty,
just had a thought, is it worth cutting them off?? lol that way i dont have to put gromets and silicone it up.

Yes mate. Both front seat will have to come out. I would tell you the grommet sizes needed to plug the holes but it would seem Nissan used tin snips to cut the mounting holes out for the side steps and their all different sizes and shapes.

If you don't understand what i mean you will once you remove the steps.

Yes mate. Both front seat will have to come out. I would tell you the grommet sizes needed to plug the holes but it would seem Nissan used tin snips to cut the mounting holes out for the side steps and their all different sizes and shapes.

If you don't understand what i mean you will once you remove the steps.

lol gotta love nissan!!!
cant i just cut them off lol and leave the bolt through the floor so i dont have to put grommets

i didn't use grommets, i just got underneath with a sausage gun of sika and went to town armed with a paint scraper, all sealed up for good. No chance of it ever leaking, rusting or deteriorating. Just another option for you to consider.

After I took the side steps out I put another bolt with MASSIVE mudflap washer through the holes and slapped it full of sika. Never gonna come loose, never gonna leak.

hey mate i have just recently removed my side steps and i managed to not take any seats out at all. i have a dual cab d22 st-r and it was pretty straight forward.

I took my steps off, I have big hands so I had to remove seat, but it wasn't that bad. The holes filled with no more gaps and will probably waterproof with tar paint or something.

It is possible to do it without removing seats, just a bit tighter to get to some of the bolts.

Latest posts

Back