whats the diffrence 2.5 d22 ,2.5 d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giday nav, according to my book you could reach 125kw or even higher with a diesel chip.

Last edited:
hi all i have a 2.5 d22 with 98kw now the d40 has 128kw from same engine how is this achieved is it a turbo or computer how!!!! i want that power or close to it please enlighten me thanks guys .:bike:

umm 30 kw is the difference lol
check the boost on the d22 2.5L cause i heard the d40 is running 18psi standard, dont know how true it is.

Thought I would revive this thread as I am contemplating "downgrading" to a D22 from my D40 V6 (need to save some money on fuel & repayments...). However I would like to squeeze a few extra kW & Nm out of the D22, without sacrificing fuel consumption. Is it as easy as a chip and exhaust? What have other owners done and what results are you getting? Fuel consumption? Horsepower?

There's a thread where one member installed a Diesel power chip (I think) to his ST-R and the power increase was marginal - only about 5%. He was very disappointed and wanted a refund.

I have the diesel gas system on my car and enquired about doing the chip also, i was told the chip would be a waste of money to do if i have already done the gas conversion. I dont know this for fact i was just told this, maybe someone who has both can verify if this is true?

So I have a Spain built D40 RX, I understand that the turbo and intercooler are different on the D22 but is this the case between the RX spec 128 and the STX spec 140 odd motor. I would like to up the power but don't want to chip it. I would like to achieve it the Nissan way if posable. Is it just a retune of the ecu or are there parts that need to be swapped out?

There's a thread where one member installed a Diesel power chip (I think) to his ST-R and the power increase was marginal - only about 5%. He was very disappointed and wanted a refund.
Wonder how that went cant imagine any chip company giving a refund. Wonder how u would go through consumer affairs claiming false advertising?

So I have a Spain built D40 RX, I understand that the turbo and intercooler are different on the D22 but is this the case between the RX spec 128 and the STX spec 140 odd motor. I would like to up the power but don't want to chip it. I would like to achieve it the Nissan way if posable. Is it just a retune of the ecu or are there parts that need to be swapped out?

Yes mate there are a few different parts between the two engines,

different cylinder heads,

different turbo,

ECU,

exhaust,

I now you said you dont want to, BUT it would be allot easier and cheaper to do the exhaust and quality power chip (not just a rail pressure chip but one that adjust injection timing and boost.)

i know maybe silly but couldnt you just grab the turbo and other required pieces from a D40 if they are the same engine?? then have it tuned.

Never been done that i know of but as you would know anything is possible my 22 is on 152kws 526nm at the flywheel drive it nice every quarter of the tank returns 200-230kms why would you bother???

Latest posts

Back