Rear Fire Wall Coax Entry Points

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAFO

Reaction score
Hi all,

Soon I hope to fit my radio gear into my New D22, have always mounted the Main Radio Unit's on the rear fire wall as my radios have a remote head that I mount in a suitable location around the dash somewhere.

The Aerials will be mounted to a Canopy Roof Rack system when the Canopy is fitted later in the month, so was hoping to run the Radio Coax down between the Canopy/tub and into the rear of the Cabin some how through the Rear fire Wall.

Has anyone done this?

I notice there is a grommet at the base of the rear fire wall just in front of the rear wheel arch on either side, can these be used to gain access into the rear of the cabin?

any thoughts?

Cheers

Grant

Did you make any progress with this?

Hopefully, I'll be in the same boat tomorrow with an aerial to be mounted over a pair of tall tool boxes(until I build the cage.)

Those grommets will give you access. OR under the cab is a number of grommets which go through the floor as well.

Mitch

Have not run the coax as yet, still waiting on a Canopy to be fitted which should be on the 18th April. The grommet's in fromv of the tyre's are to access the rear seat bolts I think, so may have to drill to run coax yet sadly

I ran my cables out through the vents on my 2005 d22. Don't know whether the vents are still there on current models though. I seem to recall I had to drill a hole in a plastic fitting internally in the car but I definately didn't drill any steel. I will have a look and see if I can get some photos

Have had a look but can't get a decent photo so I will do my best to describe. The cable goes in through a groovethat I filed into a vented cover that covers the rear sealbelt retractor. I then drilled a hole through the side of the plastic vent assembly that is visable from the rear of the cab ( hole is drilled from the inside of the vehicle through the seat belt access hole). The cable then exits through this vent in a downwards direction so that water can't track down the cable and into the car. As a precaution I also sealed the exit point into the vent on the inside of the cab with sealant. Hope this helps.

Have had a look but can't get a decent photo so I will do my best to describe. The cable goes in through a groovethat I filed into a vented cover that covers the rear sealbelt retractor. I then drilled a hole through the side of the plastic vent assembly that is visable from the rear of the cab ( hole is drilled from the inside of the vehicle through the seat belt access hole). The cable then exits through this vent in a downwards direction so that water can't track down the cable and into the car. As a precaution I also sealed the exit point into the vent on the inside of the cab with sealant. Hope this helps.

Thanks Scottar,

Will look into this option,

Grant

Took Scottar's suggestion and ran 1x Aerial coax line in through the air vent behind the right rear door as suggested, went to do the same on the left side only to find no vent . . . hmm!

Oh well, now have a 13mm whole in the rear fire wall for a 5mm coax line, and enough room to take an extra wiring loom or two if needed, and it should have a reversing camera line some time in the near future.

i ran mine under the car along the chassis and came through under the drivers seat

Hey fellas,

I am trying to wire up some work lights that hang from the roll bar and I am having a problem with an entry point into the cab. I found the grommet at the front of the rear wheel arch but cant find where it is in the cab, and same with the grommet under the drivers seat. How do I access them from the cab?

Cheers, Cookey

Hey fellas,

I am trying to wire up some work lights that hang from the roll bar and I am having a problem with an entry point into the cab. I found the grommet at the front of the rear wheel arch but cant find where it is in the cab, and same with the grommet under the drivers seat. How do I access them from the cab?

Cheers, Cookey

I beleive the one "front of the rear wheel arch" is for the last body mount bolt access. It doesnt actually go into the cab. The one under the seat im not aware off, but its not much further to just run them up under the bonnet and come in through the firewall, thats what i did. Follow the fuel lines along cable tying as you go.

Pete

Found the same problem last weekend putting a fuse block behind the rear seat. If you drill a hole in the sheet metal behind the rear seat it goes into a hollow cavity, easy access to that big rear grommet. My aerial coax goes through the vent on the drivers side same as the other guys

i just drilled straight through the rear firefall and put a grommet in it..
easy as.

Latest posts

Back