Can anyone vouch for Opposite lock lift kits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am planning on lifting the nav 2 inches and got prices from local opposite lock and ARB stores. There is only $2 difference, but the OL kit has steering damper ( the ARB has not listed it ). Both just under $2100 fitted. Help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys.

IS the OPL store at penrith?
The other option is "ULTIMATE SUSPENSION" they are at Ingleburn and for the money you are spending you could get them to do it. Yes i do have it, but i chose ULTIMATE over everyone else because of a few reasons
1) I have never herd a bad word about them, and i read allot of stuff on heaps of forums.

2) They are very thorough, weigh your truck at each wheel and ask all the right questions

3) All there shocks are valved specifically to suit your ute, AND they can be rebuilt for $60

4) The warranty is for life on the springs and 3 years on the shocks

5) Last but not least it works unbelievably good on and off the road, i cant recommend them highly enough.

Last edited:
phild40

For my new D40 Fulcrum, Opposite Lock, TJM and ARB all offer suspension updates for similar money and what appears to be similar specs.
As a new owner any advice on the best option?

phild40

I also have a quotefrom Opp Lock and ARB, TJM and Fulcrum all about the same price and spec. Any recommendations as the best option?

99% sure the new Oplock kits are just Dobinson gear rebadged. I stop working for them right as the new suspension was being distributed to stores. So up to you, but I'd say as long as they get your weight right, you should be fine.

One thing i got told by many of the suspension mobs while working in the industry, is that there is only two suspension manufacturers in Australia, everyone else either orders from cheap overseas factories, or they are made at one of those two companys using either the companys design for the vehicle or their own design( IE tough dog, lovells, efs). The two companys were Dobinson and King Springs. Not sure if its all true but it makes sense i guess.

wow your getting ripped in NSW.

My local Opposite Lock, do Tough Dog 2" lift kits for under $1900

FITTED though??

TD kits alone cheapest i found was $1500 with foam cells and with places installing them around $400- 600 on top

Noc Animal: Would you consider Tough Dogs? Everybodys raving about them and they also took out the 4wd action shockies award...

i just bought the kit and will be installing this wkend hopefully

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back