DIY roof console

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitch76

Reaction score
Well I decided to be a tight ..... and not shell of hundreds on a console for the D22 so I started making my own. It all started when I had the need to install the UHF but as mine dosn't have a front mount speaker an indash install was not realy going to be an option (and I had a reverse camera screen mounted above the cd player)

My main concern was drilling holes in the hood lining but I have overcome this with the design by making a bracket that screws under the map lights and the rear is supported by the interior light mount, I will then remount the interior light on the console.

1st i profiled the roof with a "hot knife" and a strip of polystyrene, then using that I made the 2 sides up after that I made some spreaders 1. for the front mount 2. for the rear mount 3. for the UHF mount and 4. just as a spreader. next I will sheet the bottom with ply then i willl cover it in vinyl or similar

IMG_0400.sized.jpg

IMG_0401.sized.jpg

About 2 hours ginning around, listening to music, having a ciggy and a drink, nothing gets done quick in my shed. Cost so far about 50c for the fuse I blew when I shorted the interior light out when I was taking it apart!! but everything else was just left overs from other jobs,

In the 2nd shot where the UHF is in place the 2 screws at the top of the picture screw into the holes that the interior light was fitted to, and the front under the map lights there was enough room to screw into a steel flange then when you replace the map light i covers the screws, and there is a 2mm gap if you look closely. I'll go and get another photo and post it up in 5

Great job,

Let us know how you go with the wiring and antenna cable, just wondering
if its easy access inside the pillars?

thinking of wiring it back through the interior light hole and across the hood lining then down the passenger a piller. Price went up today I bought a sheet of 3mm ply to line the base total cost $$5.87, will be hopfully doing it tonight depending on paperwork, then buy something to cover it on the weekend.

Latest posts

Back