mtz or km2

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosery

Reaction score
Well my rear tires are spent so need new ones. But i cant decide between keeping my mickey t mtz's or going to bfg km2. Am i better off getting two new mtz? Or going to bfg km2 and trying to sell my old rubber? Been quoted $50 a tire more for the bfg's. Has anyone here tried both. If so what are your thoughts.

Be sure to look up Tempe tyres and ozzy tyres, they now sell both MT and BFG buy in bulk and sell cheap...

BFG appear to wear longer, MTZ seem to grip a bit better. Both are awesome tyres, flip a coin.

No i hadnt looked at Goodyear wrangler duratrac. Just did they look alright. How do they perform? Wouldnt happen to no what price would they be for 285/75/16?

Yeah my local tire shop can get them in still but only in limited sizes or somthing like that. Mine are 285/75/16. What size were you looking for? i could ask my local shop im in bairnsdale if u wanted? pm me if interested.

Be sure to look up Tempe tyres and ozzy tyres, they now sell both MT and BFG buy in bulk and sell cheap...

hope u dont by from ozzie tyres Mike just checked there BFG a/t in 265/75/r16
they are priced at $702 a tyre but half price till midnight tonight LOL

I did ask what price the 285 75r16 would be, from jaxx it was $350 a corner.

And when I quoted ozzy on BFG MT it was 330 delivered from sydney to canberra, and BFG AT we're 310 I believe. Maybe it was Tempe now that I think about it

Last edited:
Had a set of Mtz, but now running the Bfg love the Bfg Km2 find they aare a better allround tyre, fitted a set of 255/85R16 (33.4) gained an extra inch over the 265/75R16

Had a set of Mtz, but now running the Bfg love the Bfg Km2 find they aare a better allround tyre, fitted a set of 255/85R16 (33.4) gained an extra inch over the 265/75R16

Hey Milkman do the 255/85R16 affect your take off power much and what did they set u back a corner

i've got the wrangler dura tracs in 265/75/16. and love them there real quit on the road and they clean out really quick in the clay and dirt. i've only had them now for 10 thousand km so i don't know how well they wear on road yet but what i have read they do quiet well... but in saying that the dura tracks are my first set of 4x4 tyres and i have nothing to compare with...

i've got the wrangler dura tracs in 265/75/16. and love them there real quit on the road and they clean out really quick in the clay and dirt. i've only had them now for 10 thousand km so i don't know how well they wear on road yet but what i have read they do quiet well... but in saying that the dura tracks are my first set of 4x4 tyres and i have nothing to compare with...

are you in a d22 or a d40?

Becasue i have the same size tyres ( and 2" lift) and have really bad scrubbing long before full lock right hand down driver side only, Even after i altered the guard.

i just put a set of bfg's a/t km2
dearer than the rest at $380 a tyre but you get what you pay for
so far i love them on road and there pretty good in the mud
sparra

Hey Milkman do the 255/85R16 affect your take off power much and what did they set u back a corner
Longy509,
Takeoff power - well I have a chip fitted along with a Taipan 3inch exhaust & there water to air intercooler, go's hard,
there was a small difference in the take-off but what you loss you gain on the hwy doing 100km sitting on 2100rpm - 2200rmp
this hurts $410 a corner + spare

are you in a d22 or a d40?

Becasue i have the same size tyres ( and 2" lift) and have really bad scrubbing long before full lock right hand down driver side only, Even after i altered the guard.

i'm in a d22 single cab and the dura tracs did scrub abit in full lock about 5mm so i just took off the mud flaps in the front guards which gives about 30mm clearance. but i just put in a body lift so i have no issues now with tyre scrubbing...

the tyres cost me i think $350 a corner

kesegic29 said:
i'm in a d22 single cab and the dura tracs did scrub abit in full lock about 5mm so i just took off the mud flaps in the front guards which gives about 30mm clearance. but i just put in a body lift so i have no issues now with tyre scrubbing...

the tyres cost me i think $350 a corner

Ohhhhhhh righto. I'm gonna have to go an chuck mine in for a wheel alignment to get the casters pushed forward hopefully enough to clear what's left of my guard

Tempe tyres are doing the KM2 for 330 a corner for 265 75 16 fitted. Ok if your able to get to/ in sydney.

Latest posts

Back