Bash plates info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzand6

Reaction score
I have bought a Nissan Navara 2011 D40 Thai Build and want to install heavy duty bash plates.

I have spoken to a few companies who provide these and have had different information from all of them.

Can anyone tell me how many bash plates there are for the Navara D40 and where they can be purchased. If so rough cost? and thickness of plate (mm)

If anybody has already got bash plates installed I would appreciate your input as to quality and practicality.

Thanks

Matt

I have three brown Davis bash plates on mine.
From bullbar to just before the gas tank.
They are super strong and have taken an absolute beating!! I bought mine from DNAoffroad online for a reasonable price.
I haven't seen any other brands not installed to compare to but the BD plates have a thick tube welded in across the front for strength.
Definately cannot fault them

i have the arb ones installed , the install was abit weird but it works , cant remember cost , and there are 3 items ... seems to have held up pretty good

I'v got the TJM type under mine (2 pieces). Their made out of 3mm steel but I can't remember the price. I have given them a floggen and stood up to it all. Pretty happy with them.

i measured mine and got it made, heaps cheaper and got it powdercoated for $150 all up (bullbar right thru to fuel tank) got it 5mm thick which i think is overkill and shockingly heavy...3mm all u need.

Thankyou for that information.

Yeah i have been looking at the TJM 3mm plates. They are pretty good on price but i want to make sure that all areas that can be covered are covered. Ive given the stock plates a flogging and the quicker i can get prover ones fitted the better.

I have Brown Davis plates and they do not attach to the bullbar so in my case it would not matter what bullbar I had.

awesome. where abouts did you get yours from?

I got them from Brown Davis direct and there was a discount if you bought all 3 plates (I think the discount applies everywhere you buy the Brown Davis plates) and they fitted them for free.

Saved me buggerising around on my back.

I'm pretty sure iron man does navara kits also, think there d40 kits were recalled because of the Thai/Spanish saga, but d22 kits are available at a very affordable price, around $250 as I remember, but I have herd bad things about how long the paint will last before rust starts to appear. I have 2 iron man recovery hooks on the arse end, 6months old and covered by rust. But on the other hand they do bolt on to the chassis, doubt anyone will ever see them, or how much rust they have occurred. Just show your mates with in a month of installing them, she'll be right. Failing that the brown and Davis ones are round $430 I think. Worth the extra $200? I'd say yes in the long run.
Cheers
Richo

Yeah just looked on eBay, $430 is just the sump/front diff cover for the b&d kit. Looks like iron man goes back to gearbox. Doesn't look as pimp tho..

Latest posts

Back