4wd not engaging

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big J

Reaction score
Gday guys i took the nav out sheep rounding up and i got stuck in soft sand so i got out locked the hubs put her in 4wd low but nothing happend like it went in to low range speed but the front wheels wernt turning. so i unlocked and re locked the hubs nothing but the rear wheels turning. and ideas what it could be??? it is a 2005 d22.
Thanks in advance Jeremy

you could have shagged hubs, try jacking one front wheel at least and lock it in and spin it with your hands and see if the cv spins with it, might not be the problem but its an easy place to start looking

thanks for that scooba ill look at that when it stops pissing down with rain

you might not need new ones (if it turns out that they are the problem) could be as simple as the spring is not locking them in, if it is the hubs take it to a mechanic and it may well be a heap cheaper to fix rather than replace

another way to check them is to jack up both sides and lock the hubs is and crawl underneath (dont forget the vehicle stands) and turn the drive shaft from the transfer case to the front diff and see if the wheels move

Latest posts

Back