Dobson HD suspension fitted to D40 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris C

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my 2011 STX twin cab fitted with Dobson Springs and Shocks all round last week.
I went the heaviest rear set of spring hey do, I think they are 450kg constant load, as I carry my tool boxes for work in the tray and they are about 500kg ll up, fronts were HD 50mm lift, as I have a ARB steel bar, with winch on the way.

Total lift all round was 62mm, front is still a bit higher than the rear as I have the boxes too far back in the tub, but a tray is going n soon and will allow me to have the boxes mounted over the axles and should level things up.

The ride is such an improvement it is hard to believe, all small harsh rattles are gone from the cab, with the factory stuff installed, if you hit mid corner bumps or chopped up road the ute would shake and wander, feeling like it anted to change lanes, not now, it tracks perfect, ride is not harsh, but it sits flat and will now corner.

I am very happy with it all, ride is perfect, a 60mm gain all round was nice, no clunks or bumps and the service from Tony and Gary at
RUTHERFORD MUFFLERS (Maitland NSW)was outstanding.

Full kit fitted for $1550. inc GST

Urathane bushes,
Greaseable HD shackles
Dobson Gas shocks
and springs

Very happy, third set of suspension from these guys, all have been spot on.

good price down here in vic iv been quoted 1700 installed . im prob getting dobsons too.

upload a before after pic ? cheers

Good effort mate!!

I just bought the Dobson kit aswell for my d40 with the heavy duty front springs and heavy duty 300kg leaf springs

I paid $1050

After reading that I can't wait to install it

Does your have any flex??

im in east maitland looking for similar set up did you order everything through them? and do they do bullbars and that sort of stuff to im interested to get something happening asap

If anyone who reads this thread who knows someone in vic who can do me a good price on dobinson 2'' lift for around 1500 or less like the bloke where talkin about can someone please let me know the best price so far is $1700
cheers

If anyone who reads this thread who knows someone in vic who can do me a good price on dobinson 2'' lift for around 1500 or less like the bloke where talkin about can someone please let me know the best price so far is $1700
cheers

hey mate give offroad runner a call look them up on google they are a great bunch of blokes

im in east maitland looking for similar set up did you order everything through them? and do they do bullbars and that sort of stuff to im interested to get something happening asap

Hi,

They do a pretty good range of stuff, the whole Ironman range inc Bars, fridges etc at very sharp prices too/

I just rang up Gary, told him what I was after, he recommended the Dobson set-up as he has done heap of late and all with good results.

The closest I fot in price for a full kit installed was $2150, OME stuff, which I dont rate, the last lot I had was very harsh shocks and saggy springs, so the Dobson got a run, I could have got Ironman a bit cheaper from him, but the Dobson stuff looked the goods and I had heard a lot of good reports, + its Aussie made.

The ride is fantastic, the road I travel each day to work is a Goat track, with dips and huge sections of damaged pavement and broken edges, lots of sharp edge pot holes etc, just utter crap, the Ute rides perfect.

There is a nasty on camber corner leading up to an intersection, it is like a Patchwork quilt of repairs, plus huge rutted area of melted tar with deep rutts and mounds running the length of the corner, with stock set-up, it was scarey, the ute would wander, front end wash across and run wide with the tail following then stepping out if going too fast.

I hooked in today as there was no traffic and road was clear and dry, much faster than I would have normally, went round perfect, sat flat, no body roll, no washed out front end, no stepped out rear end, it just went around.

It makes it feel like the ute had no shocks fitted standard, the improvement is that good. I would fit it again in a heart beat.

Very Very Happy.

Tony and Gary also do a full range of stock and hi flow exhausts, a full mandrel bent 3" stainless system inc dump pipe from turbo, hi flow 4" metal cat for my HDJ79R cruiser ute was $1000. fitted. I had it on for 2 years in a coal mine did over 120,000km with no issue.

I have no interest in the shop, just a very happy repeat customer with 3 lots of suspension and a exhaust over the past few years, all have been perfect with a great price.

Latest posts

Back