standard jack don't lift high enough

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo

Reaction score
Just tried changing a tyre, only way to jack up car high enough was to use 2 bricks under jack. Am I doing something wrong ? Do I need to carry bricks with me in case of a flat?
My st-r is standard suspension, no lift.

Depends where you're trying to lift from. With the standard jack, I lift from under the U-Bolt plate on the rear axle and under the control arm at the front.

sounds like your lifting it off the chassis like you would with a normal car, which means you have to lift through the wheel down travel which will give u the problem your having, as said above lift off the axle at the rear and lower control arm at the front and it has plenty enough lift to get the wheel off the ground

Sticker on jack suggests I lift of chassis, didn't realize there's another point.
Ok, now I feel like a nerd that should just ring up roadside assist...

Is the jack from another vehicle?
I always try to jack from the lowest point, that way there is less winding and also reduces the risk of the jack tipping over the higher it goes.
If you jack it up from the chassis, then you have to also lift the suspension flex before the tyre lifts off the ground.

Standard practice at work and myself, is to carry a good sized lump of hardwood say 6"x4"x12" to act as a booster if needed for extra height/stable base in the field.
Always helps too to keep another piece of hardwood for a wheel chock while lifting the vehicle for tyre changes etc.
Both bits of wood fit into a good sized toolbox with basic tools and cloth tape and zipties - or under the back seat.

Is the jack from another vehicle?
I always try to jack from the lowest point, that way there is less winding and also reduces the risk of the jack tipping over the higher it goes.
If you jack it up from the chassis, then you have to also lift the suspension flex before the tyre lifts off the ground.

Thread hijack lol. tony in your sig it says clip on tonneau and cooler scoop and loeer radiator protector do you hsve a pics please :)
Cheers Dale

Latest posts

Back