Connecting my arb compressor to aux battery?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxy

Reaction score
Hey guys im just chasing some info as to wether it would be an issue to connect my arb compressor to my aux battery because im trying to avoid running another set of thick cables from the bonnet to the tub .I have the ability to link both batterys with the push of a button would i just need to link them when using my compressor and obviously just have the car running

cheers boxy

awesome cheers old tony so it dosent matter if i run it off a deep cycle battery which my auxilry will be aslong as its not gel type

cheers boxy

It does depend on the capacity. Most flooded cell and AGM deep cycles don't mind a draw of C/2 - capacity divided by 2 in A, so a 50Ah flooded battery could deliver 25A. Some AGMs can be used as crankers - my caravan has a 160Ah spiral wound AGM that can punch out 700 amps if I need it to.

The battery may even have its safe maximum discharge rate written on the label - you should check that, and leave a little room for error.

It does depend on the capacity. Most flooded cell and AGM deep cycles don't mind a draw of C/2 - capacity divided by 2 in A, so a 50Ah flooded battery could deliver 25A. Some AGMs can be used as crankers - my caravan has a 160Ah spiral wound AGM that can punch out 700 amps if I need it to.

The battery may even have its safe maximum discharge rate written on the label - you should check that, and leave a little room for error.

thanks for the info mate i might just make sure i get a deep cycle that can cope with decent amount of current draw ill head down battery world or something and see what they reccomend
thanks again boxy

Latest posts

Back