broken sway bar mount

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinm1962

Reaction score
I was under my car yesterday playing around and looked up at the near side, sway bar. and it has ripped right off the chassis . Im shocked to say the least no abusive driving or anything like that, closer inspection shows that 90% of the weld has bare minimum or no penetration whatsoever. so the weld is obviously there most of it for looks only.Advice would be to get out there and check it mine 06 stx td manual

Last edited:
kevinm1962 said:
alright sway bar does that make it easier for you

Easy there with the snippyness mate. There a huge difference between a sway bar and a torsion bar. And it certainly helps to tell us which is damaged, especially if you want any kind of accurate response.

As for the problem... Take it to the dealership if still under warranty, or get a metal fab place to weld it up.

Better yet, post a photo so we know what in the actual f*#% your talking about.

nah what the problem is some people just like to type tuff but in actual fact they know they can say what they like to people because they are hiding behind a screen. wonder what they would say if we were standing face to face as for the problem. I traded it in today and got a patrol i would take it off myself and weld it to easy,i only wrote it so my fellow forum members so they should check how there nav is as im sure mine is not the only one that has crap welding in this position. As for being bolted on 4naving you should take a closer look definately is a d40 and definately is bolted on but bolted onto what. have a look before you decide to be rude. KEV

kevinm1962 said:
nah what the problem is some people just like to type tuff but in actual fact they know they can say what they like to people because they are hiding behind a screen. wonder what they would say if we were standing face to face as for the problem. I traded it in today and got a patrol i would take it off myself and weld it to easy,i only wrote it so my fellow forum members so they should check how there nav is as im sure mine is not the only one that has crap welding in this position. As for being bolted on 4naving you should take a closer look definately is a d40 and definately is bolted on but bolted onto what. have a look before you decide to be rude. KEV

Talking tough has nothing to do it mate. Hiding behind a screen has nothing to do with it. This is a community. A community of people that genuinely wants to help other navara owners get the most out of their vehicle and help out when the proverbial s*#t hits the fans (and even when it really does, look for scottybobcat threads and RLI threads - epic evidence that this is more than just an online forum.

You came here asking for help with a broken weld on a torsion bar on a d40. Torsion bars are part of the suspension and not part of a d40, all we asked for was some clarification with your request. YOU'RE the one that decided to get snippy for it, seemingly annoyed that we couldn't help with a request that wasn't valid to begin with.

All I did was call you out for it.

So don't be riding up in here on your high horse berating us for your inadequacies.

Btw, enjoy your patrol, if I had my time over again, I reckon I woulda got a patrol.

lets just keep it civil. Everyone gets it wrong every now, absolutely no need to get on his case about it. Enjoy your patrol and consider hanging around here even without a NAV.

lol these threads make me laugh. KEV has a point though. even though mine is a d22 i do notice some pretty porr welding when im having a tight squizz at everything. i wouldnt mind getting my cousin to get his tig onto it but i would have to get it all checked by an engineer which means extra $$$$$

Talking tough has nothing to do it mate. Hiding behind a screen has nothing to do with it. This is a community. A community of people that genuinely wants to help other navara owners get the most out of their vehicle and help out when the proverbial s*#t hits the fans (and even when it really does, look for scottybobcat threads and RLI threads - epic evidence that this is more than just an online forum.

You came here asking for help with a broken weld on a torsion bar on a d40. Torsion bars are part of the suspension and not part of a d40, all we asked for was some clarification with your request. YOU'RE the one that decided to get snippy for it, seemingly annoyed that we couldn't help with a request that wasn't valid to begin with.

All I did was call you out for it.

So don't be riding up in here on your high horse berating us for your inadequacies.

Btw, enjoy your patrol, if I had my time over again, I reckon I woulda got a patrol.

joshman as far as me asking for help read it iput it up for others as for fixing i would do it no worries but i already had it traded when isaw it so again i put it up for others to see maybe check there own. being on my high horse i hate horses. when someone attacks me personally im fighting back and if required ill go further im not scared ,Im sure ive asked you before you carry on like you own this site. another wannabe. the only wannabe i am is i wanna wanna wannabe a wallaby.:rofl2:

I've edited the thread title and removed 2 posts that were unnecessarily aggressive.

We're all here to be part of the community. Making misteaks shouldn't make us the target of aggression - nobody's perfect.

I'll have to dive under and look at my mounts and see what they're like. It looked ok the other day when I was lubricating everything, but I wasn't paying close attention to welds.

Umm.......I think you made a "mistake" Old Tony! But we'll let that one slide cause nobody's perfekt!! Thanks for mediating the aggression and keeping a level head.

Hi Kevin, Sorry, I was not trying to be rude. I was just confused by the description of the problem. Thanks for clearing it up and good luck with your new patrol.

Latest posts

Back