Aux Battery In Camper

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnbritto

Reaction score
Off topic for a minute , im looking at powering my new camper trailer, i have heard some arguements about deep cycle and agm batterys but they are very expensive i have been looking at getting a big battery out of a dozer 1100 cca and 200 amp hours there a big unit but i recon i can manage it i know that there is chance of leakage and gas buildup so id be cautios of that, i can buy them brand new for $190 as for charging id be running an anderson plug set up from car to trailer while driving and when in storage a trickle/smart charger just wondering what others thoughts are on these type battery

Go for it, John.

Just don't let it discharge below 50% (about 12.2V) and charge it back up as soon as you can. Every few months, give it an equalisation charge and on a monthly basis, check the fluid levels.

I thought it'd be better to move this to a new thread, because there could be more people asking about it!

thanks tony i couldn't think of a tital and also in a bit stupid with computers i dont know how to start a new thread so i usualy just read and hijack if i have any questions,as for battery i think your right i dont plan on tipping trailer over and i can stow it in the toolbox up front so i think for price ill go for it wouldnt even get a 80 amp hour agm for that price what i save can go towards solar charger my mate with the toyota would say ya get what ya pay for thats why he bought a brand new hilux and spent 20 grand to make it like a navara

Sounds like a good idea to me JohnBritto. That's a powerful battery you're talkin about. How or where can you buy them so cheap?

battery shop in heatherbrea yeah its a big battery 1150 cca 200 ah its a bit more than double the size of the normal say agm 100ah battery so mounting will be the only hassell toolbox on draw bar only option i think

Yeah, toolbox is where I have the battery in my camper. I have just bought the gear to add a second battery to increase my storage capacity because of course power consumption continues to rise! How did we used to camp without electricity!!
A thumper dozer battery would have done the trick though!
Good luck with the install mate.

Our camper trailer came with four jerry can holders across the front of the body and that was where I installed four 6V 225AmpHr deep discharge lead acid batteries. Basically the heaviest that I can lift by hand.

To charge your battery from the car, you will need good sized cable and a dc-dc charger (cteck or redarc) close to the battery to do the actual charging.

Latest posts

Back