4x4ing near Coomera off Old Pacific Motorway?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GWalker

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New here and was wondering if anyone has been 4x4ing near coomera off the old pacific motorway?

Was driving down the old pacific motorway when i saw a couple tracks leading off into the bush, was heading south to Coomera jsut before the roundabouts near the motorway exits. Went in and had a little drive and noticed that there were set tracks.

Later i had a look on Google maps and saw that there are tracks running through the whole property, also there were no buildings or signs anywhere.

Just wanting to know if it is ok to go in there and if any one has been before?

Thanks

Giles

41bef323.jpg

Is this the area your talking about ? Thers some good tracks in there deep mud I hade to pull the red one out 2 bog holes .. here a few pictures of what to expect in there .

795003f7.jpg

1ef05459.jpg

b833e6c3.jpg

Hi WildlifeDriver,

Thats the place :) I was driving past it one weekend and had a little look looks like so very good tracks in there, glad to know that it is ok to go in there.

Do you go there often?

Giles

I have been in there a few times. On bikes and in a few 4x4s. There are some good tracking in there but they have started to block off the entrys with concrete blocks. Last time I rode in there (2 years ago) I made it out just as the cops blocked the entrys and booked everyone. There have also been a few cops on dirtbikes in there when I have been there. Just a word of caution.
Have not seen any lately. Also beware of the puddles in that area. They are a lot deeper then you think.

it was about a year ago i was in there was no signs then about no entry and there was a lot people in there. moved to mount isa now so don't know if things have changed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the adivce Bvandermaat, its a shame that you can't go in anymore.

WildlifeDriver - there weren't any signs at any of the entrences I saw but from waht other people are saying it doesn't look promising.

Will just have to keep my eyes open for any local queensland trips on here :)

Giles

You can still get in there. But there are only two entrys now. I think the main problem was the ammount of illegal dumping that was going on there. Last time I went through in a 4x4 (about a year ago) it was so rutted out one of the hiluxs with me got stuck on its bullbar and towbar trying to go through a rut. Anyway the entrys are just before the lights at coomera station on the left just before the crest of the hill.

Latest posts

Back