Cape york july 2012

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxy

Reaction score
so though it was about time i got a thread going on the impending cape trip...
so we are leaving townsville 31st july doing a night run from townsvile to port douglas area get the last of the bitumen out of the way

from port douglas we heading up to elim beach

elim beach up the starcke to cape melville

cape melville through lakefield over to the Pdr where we camp is yet to be decided

up the tele trak to the tip try probably stay the night at elliot falls just take our time with the tele track

once where up the top head out to somset ruins loop trac down the beach and spend a day out there

also head out to sadd point then heading back down through frenchmens track to chilli beach the heading back south we will just play it by ear as to wether we come down through the old coach road or through lakefield and down the creb

this is just a rough idea of where we want to get to but we will just see how many days we decide to stay in differnt places(probably depending how good the fishing is lol)
obviously we have to book alot of campsites over the net now so will probably try and book like the first weeks worth then work out where we ae going to be from there

we have 3 black d40 dualcabs going up and a patrol so if ya see us give us yell

boxy

I'll be watching this with interest, I'll be doing the trip next year so I have 12 months to plan. It's been something I've wanted to do for 30 years. Way back then I done up a series2 landrover for the trip, had kids and didn't end up going. Now I've got the D22 (in a couple of weeks) I'll be keen to have another crack at getting this off the ground.
Keep us posted please.

Oh looks like we may meet each other on the way back probably. we are heading from brisbane on the 18-July to cairns. then from cairns we leave the 20th i think. head to Daintree or Lions Den for 2nights. from Lions Den we keave for Musgrave or Coen depending on time. from Musgrave/Coen to Archer River, Archer River to Wenlock Falls, Wenlock Falls to Mapoon/Weipa, Mapoon tto Batavia Downs, Batavia Down to Bramwell Junction then going from there up th Old Tele Track to Loyalty Beach then Punsand Bay to Tip.

then coming back Old Tele Track to Twin Falls then through Frenchmans Track to Chilli Beach then back To Coen and slowly bakc to Cairns, Cairns to Brisbane.

4-5week trip from Brisbane up and back to Brisbane.

GU Patrol, GQ Patrol, Landcruiser Ute with Ultimate Camper on Back, Navara D22(Me) and i think a Landrover or something. they are all White in colour.

hope you enjoy your trip. hope to see you on the road

Oh looks like we may meet each other on the way back probably. we are heading from brisbane on the 18-July to cairns. then from cairns we leave the 20th i think. head to Daintree or Lions Den for 2nights. from Lions Den we keave for Musgrave or Coen depending on time. from Musgrave/Coen to Archer River, Archer River to Wenlock Falls, Wenlock Falls to Mapoon/Weipa, Mapoon tto Batavia Downs, Batavia Down to Bramwell Junction then going from there up th Old Tele Track to Loyalty Beach then Punsand Bay to Tip.

then coming back Old Tele Track to Twin Falls then through Frenchmans Track to Chilli Beach then back To Coen and slowly bakc to Cairns, Cairns to Brisbane.

4-5week trip from Brisbane up and back to Brisbane.

GU Patrol, GQ Patrol, Landcruiser Ute with Ultimate Camper on Back, Navara D22(Me) and i think a Landrover or something. they are all White in colour.

hope you enjoy your trip. hope to see you on the road

yeah it will be awesome will be up there for 3 weeks hopefully see u on the tracks sometime the old man has wanted to do it his whole life an now he gets to do it im heading up with my wife a 2 daughters its our honey moon hahaha we get married on 28th july,safe to say she was not excited about calling it our honeymoon so i said id take her on a cruise or something next yr

yeah it will be awesome will be up there for 3 weeks hopefully see u on the tracks sometime the old man has wanted to do it his whole life an now he gets to do it im heading up with my wife a 2 daughters its our honey moon hahaha we get married on 28th july,safe to say she was not excited about calling it our honeymoon so i said id take her on a cruise or something next yr

ah sounds great. congrats mate. yeh im taking my wife with me and her friends and there family live in cairns so we are teh only ones travelling from Brissy. should be a great trip. it wont be hard to spot Black D40s lol.

We will be there this year, however have no idea on dates, we are a few days of crossing the QLD border from NSW (originally from southern VIC)
Keep an eye out for a 2012 D22 Navara!

Latest posts

Back