new tyres/spare wheel holder

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgladwin

Reaction score
Hi people,

Have just put some 265/75/R16 MT ATZ 4 Ribs on my Nav and I rekon it looks pretty good now!!

I have a question about the standard spare wheel carrier under the tray.
My old spare has very bad wear marks where the tyre contacts the chassis/spare wheel holder cross member.

Does anyone else have this problem? And have you got a fix for it?

(Picture shows new tyre contacting the cross member)

Any ideas welcomed!!

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
put a bit of rubber in there or something for it to rub against, also where did you get your recovery points for the front.

i have 265/75 4ribs and im pretty sure its suppose to sit against the x member...looking at the pic a smaller tyre will still hit that x member...il check me truck after work

i have 265/75 4ribs and im pretty sure its suppose to sit against the x member...looking at the pic a smaller tyre will still hit that x member...il check me truck after work

yeah i had smaller tyres on before these and they used to sit against the cross member. Trouble is it wore about 2-3mm out of 2 spots on the tyre on the side wall. I'm just not happy with that amount of tyre damage to a brand new spare tyre that's all. The old ones I didn't care about because they were stuffed anyway. Think i will have to glue some rubber as suggested up under there. Or find another spot for the tyre!

Will get a photo of the damaged tyre tonight.

PS: What do you think of the 4 ribs? I am really happy with them so far. Hardly any noise when brand new. yet to go through any sticky stuff though.

Last edited:
mate their bloody heaps good..i had bridgestones before omfg SHIT! iv driven about 40k and still looks chunky. iv done some rough rocky hill climbs (tyres not deflated) and no signs of chipping...couldnt believe it.

crap i better check my spare then just a rag between the tyre and x member would do i suppose

Make sure yr spare is in tight so it doesnt rub, and rotate yr tyres every 10k km including the spare. ps i dont think that those indentations are from rubbing, but rather just from the pressure in one spot for too long a time and i doubt it is anything worse than cosmetic or even permanent.

Had the same thing on my spare lucky it was just the factory one and not a $350 tyre. I have a kaymar rear wheel carrier now but that is an expensive fix, regular rotation will help but not completley.

Latest posts

Back