Rear lift blocks & extended shackles together?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndr4

Reaction score
Hi my first post, so here goes,
I have a 2006 spanish built D40, i have installed OME front springs, nitro sport struts & rear shocks to my baby & at the same time installed 3in lift blocks on the front & 2in lift blocks at the rear which was suppose to level out the D40. Wheel alignment came back ok, but since installing a canopy, fridge, large toolbox with tools, recovery gear etc i have noticed the front sits about 30mm higher, so my question is:
I have bought some 2in snake racing extended shackles that i was wondering if i can install them with the current 2in lift blocks??? Or the other thing i was thinking was to remove the front spacers & machine them down to say a 2in lift to give me some rake back.
What are your thoughts please?? :wristy:

Welcome to the forum.
My thoughts are if you are going to carry a little weight then get rid of the blocks and spend the cash on some good leaf springs and shocks.

Welcome aboard,
+1 for me.
I thought about getting dropped shackles for mine as a "quick fix" to get some extra height between getting a full lift and EVERYONE has talked me out of it or told me straight out no. From what iv picked up is that they are illegal and if anything were to happen insurance would basically void a claim. This was also the go with blocks for the back too.

I just rang vehicle inspections in South Australia & it is legal to lift a vehicle with a maxium of 2 inches by any means but extended shackles are out!!!

That's why Lift blocks are not recommneded as they cause the diff twist easier
Cheers

Latest posts

Back