Newbie seeking advise on lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottynoggs

Reaction score
Hi, my names Scott and I jus bought a brand new d40, dual cab, td 6 speed manual, I'm downgrading from a gu patrol with a 6" lift and 37's so I just wanna see your thoughts on a lift for my new nav, the more ive been reading the more complex ifs lifts seem, I'm used to solid axel

I ideally want a 3-4" lift but I understand that 3" is the max you can go without going with a full on front kit worth 3-4k which is not want I want

Question is can I put superior engineering 75mm front strut spacers and 2" shackles with a 1" leaf spacer to get a all around lift of 3"

Will my front and rear shocks be too short with these spacers/shackles?
Will I have to change my upper control arm?
Will I need brake line extensions?
What the he'll is the diff between a this and Spanish model d40?
Will my cv angle be ok?
Will my camber be ok?
Has anyone had any issues with warranty? Warranty on the car itself, I'm obviously going to get knocked back on any broken susp
And finally has anyone actually got this combo with say 33's or 34's?

Links to parts

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_52_356&products_id=9362

http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=3590

Thanks, scott

Welcome to the forum. I had to approve the post because of the links.

I can't answer all that myself but others will help.

I do know that brake and ABS lines may need extending depending on the amount of lift and you might also want to pay attention to the diff breathers.

If your car's VIN starts with VSK there's NO difference because your car is Spanish (you don't say what yours is). If yours is a Thai (the VIN starts with 'MNT') then you have the 126kW engine instead of a 140kW and different chassis mounts front and rear making bullbar and towbar mounts different.

Thanks mate, is the 140kw engine the v6 td in the stx? Or are there two tyres of at 2.5 cr motors?

For there record mines a st and I haunt looked at the vin no yet

The V6 diesel is a 170kW 550Nm engine. The Spanish 4-cyl is 140kW and the Thai 126kW - so yes, there are TWO types of 4-cyl motor. There are more, actually, because there's the D22 as well, with about 96kW.

As of some point in 2012, the production of the ST model is ceasing in Thailand. The ST will then be the 140kW Spanish car. The STX will be the 170kW V6 and the STX550 will be the SAME as the STX but with a bunch of extra fruit installed bringing it closer to Euro spec. I don't know when this change is happening or if it has already happened. This is how Nissan have them laid out on their web site now, too - so it's possible that it's how it now is.

Take a look at the VIN, it'll tell you pretty quickly which one you've got.

I'll have a look when I get home, it better be the 140 kw

On the subject or the motor, I'm thinking a 3" exhaust incl dump pipe and maybe a tune, anyone done this with a warranty, common sense tells me it will void it, the turbo lag is pretty bad

Northside 4x4 has done some testing with 2.5 vs 3" exhausts and the end result is quite minimal in difference.

The lag is because of the tuning. The turbo is spinning over at idle, but only producing about 0.5psi of boost according to my car. At 1500rpm the boost levels really start to rise and at 1800rpm the turbo is capable of full boost, producing the maximum torque around 2000rpm. This is the ideal place for the power to come on because it's a reasonable cruising speed.

The EGR will cause your turbo to lag a little and blocking the EGR by installing a blanking plate will improve this a little. With a recent car though, you have to put a 4-6mm hole in the middle of the plate because Nissan now detect the EGR - to stop us from blocking it off.

You can also fit a catch can and vent the balance to atmosphere - it's normally plumbed back into your air intake but it's really just more exhaust gas.

Exhaust gas is used in the engine to dampen combustion so that the fuel burns at a lower temperature. At higher temperatures, the combustion process produces oxides of nitrogen which cause damage to the atmosphere. It has the sideeffect of reducing engine power and efficiency and because the system is connected between the exhaust and the intake manifold, it affects turbocharger performance as well.

Yeh I new about that, did know that you have to have a slight flow, because it's detectable in newer motors tho, that's saved a potential headache

deepening on how much u want to spend monster rides have just made a lift kit for the navara d40

also why did u go from the patrol to a navara ?? lol welcome to the forum

Looked everywhere for this monster rides, cannot find anything on them?

My trol is wayyyyy to big, it's for sale atm, want something more road friendly

welcome mate..before you start any lift you need to check if your car has camber adjusters in the front of the lower control arms. if not then 2" is about it unless you want to do some chassi welding. 3"&4" are just spaced up 2" kits. These may or may not be leagal depending on where you live. Id probably start with 2" and see if thats enough for whay you want to do and if not when warenty is up add some spacers and other bits to taste....

Does anyone make 4" coils and struts, that way I can go 2" leafs and 2" shackles to make it 4" all round

I dont know to much about the suspension in d40 but i dont think you will get 4" out of the front easily my fathers d40 use to top out over decent bumps with only a 2" lift. if you change the upper control arms maybe

Latest posts

Back